Noctis

MONDAY #'s: BATB $13.5m (Asgard)

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I don't have the answer to this because Mojo is down, but what is the last Disney family film to finish with less than a 3X?  I'm really curious which one it would be.  And by family film I mean Pixar and their animated films plus this live action stuff based on animated family films.

I think Cinderella and Oz didn't, but I also think BATB has wider appeal and better WoM than those two movies.

TJB looks like the best comparison.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't have the answer to this because Mojo is down, but what is the last Disney family film to finish with less than a 3X?  I'm really curious which one it would be.  And by family film I mean Pixar and their animated films plus this live action stuff based on animated family films.

Alice through the looking glass I think.

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1

Spring break doesn't happen till the week of Easter where I live.  I think WOM will sustain it. From the NY Times

"About 84 percent of American parents who saw “Beauty and the Beast” on its opening day said they would “definitely” recommend it for families, according to PostTrak, a polling service run by comScore and Screen Engine."

I guess I'm being really aggressive for the second weekend because the WOM seems to be very strong and the weekend numbers were indicative of a film that has a lot of demand for it, a lot of love and this translates into big weekend numbers.  Maybe 100% million second weekend is not guaranteed but I do see it dropping less than 45%.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Agafin said:

Alice through the looking glass I think.

Ok, but that movie was horrible, zero wom and disappeared quickly from the theaters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

When this film, which is already, and unquestionably, a gigantic financial success (in spite of its being utterly mediocre), fails to gross 500 million, I will sit back and enjoy the excuses, backtracking, and scrambling for arguments to justify it. People are just high on the OW box office fumes and predicting crazy numbers. The OW has burned off demand and this ia no Star Wars. That Monday drop is far from spectacular (2 million less than BvS??). 

Lmao. Always funny when these imdb trolls come over from their old board, and then look like tards by people who've been following box office for years.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, franfar said:

Finding Dory fell 46% in its 2nd weekend. BatB should match that.

Dory was also summer, so it had larger weekend drops compensated by higher weekdays.  BATB could do better.

• Like 3

Cinderella seems the most apt comparison if we are talking Disney films. However Beast will be the only film with a great Friday because 3 new wide openers will skewer the rest of the holdovers with screen count losses, particularly any holdovers from February such as Get Out and Lego. They will recover on Saturday but Friday will be bad. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kalo said:

These numbers are just crazy, this movie has a legit shot at $600m now.

Eh, that's as premature as saying 500m is dead. If it has insane drops for four to five weeks in a row, we can talk about 600m. For now, O/U TDK seems like a good target IMO.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

Less than BvS’s first Monday and in line with CW’s first Monday. Buh-bye, 500 million. 

Even with the whole ”but its a family film!!!" thing, this ain’t making a whole lot more than 400.

Will easily gross a whole lot more than $400M. Likely will still gross comfortably over $500M too. I don't see any higher than $535M though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Baumer, I would be on the 100m train if it wasn't for PR coming out which will take some of the family audience that "might" have gone to BATB. I just can't see it falling harder than 50% though. 

I think PR is DOA.  Horrible release date.

• Like 1