baumer

Tuesday #s BaTB 18m (Damien has spoken) Asgard

bonkers weekend numbers, even more bonkers weekday numbers for a kids movie. Don't think I have been so wrong about a film's box office in a long time. even up until last week I still only thought it would open to 80M lol.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

bonkers weekend numbers, even more bonkers weekday numbers for a kids movie. Don't think I have been so wrong about a film's box office in a long time. even up until last week I still only thought it would open to 80M lol.

So you thought it was only going to open to $80 million dollars when it was tracking for $120 million-$140 million and had already surpassed finding Dory ($135 million) as Fandango's top family film pre-seller ever?

7 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

So you thought it was only going to open to $80 million dollars when it was tracking for $120 million-$140 million and had already surpassed finding Dory ($135 million) as Fandango's top family film pre-seller ever?

Not everybody pays attention to pre-sales and YouTube views and Fandango and so on. Some of us are just old school and go by our guts. I've learned now that tracking statistics matter more now than they did three or four years ago. But some people are just slower to accept change than others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baumer said:

According to RTHs post on pg 11 of the Monday thread, BATB did 18 frikkin million on Tuesday.

Thats a 33% increase. 

Well so far this is definitely behaving like a family film so I now have confidence it can do between a 3 to 3.5 multiplier, so 500 might be the floor and 600 the ceiling.

48 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

Can't wait to see @MrMarosa rejoice about the ugly Wednesday drop before he gets beaten down again by a massive second weekend. :D 

Oh well. I am not committing suicide or anything, but it's a bummer that such an utterly mediocre, intelectually lazy and emotionally vapid film is making a killing at the box office; nostalgia is a hell of a drug. However, it is not the first time that the GA thinks a film turd is the second coming, so I'll just have to accept it and eat some delicious crow. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Oh well. I am not committing suicide or anything, but it's a bummer that such an utterly mediocre, intelectually lazy and emotionally vapid film is making a killing at the box office; nostalgia is a hell of a drug. However, it is not the first time that the GA thinks a film turd is the second coming, so I'll just have to accept it and eat some delicious crow. 

Image result for stay mad gif

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Are you just copying and pasting the same comment at every chance you get? You're not hiding your troll very well.

It's okay if people don't like a movie. You can't get on his case for that. I think it's pretty sad that an intellectually vapid and emotionally horrible blah blah blah movie like Harry Potter dominated for so long as well. But that's just me LOL

• Like 6