baumer

Tuesday #s BaTB 18m (Damien has spoken) Asgard

22 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Reading deadlines article makes me realize that future generations will have no clue just how huge TDK was in its run..... first film past 200 in less than 6 days now we have films past 200 in their OW. 

Adjusting for inflation will help to remind people how huge TDK was.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Love the passive-aggressiveness of ”hey, it’s his blahblablah opinion and [the subtext of] we have to respect it, god bless his little dumb soul for not riding the BATB bandwagon.” Great mb moderation lessons. ;) 

Wow ur so edgy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrMarosa said:

Love the passive-aggressiveness of ”hey, it’s his blahblablah opinion and [the subtext of] we have to respect it, god bless his little dumb soul for not riding the BATB bandwagon.” Great mb moderation lessons. ;) 

I dont understand what you think im supposed to do as a moderator.  My job is a moderator is not to agree with the masses. My job is a moderator is not to defend what I think are silly opinions. My job is a moderator is to make sure that rules are not broken here and thread titles are changed and people stay in line and people try to get along for the most part. And I did defend you my good sir. I defended your right not to like the movie. You have that right and I support your right not to like the movie. I just think you have miscalculated what the film is going to do and that's where my disconnect with you stems from.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

People need to understand, that people like us are not general audiences. We watch a movie like every day, but many don't, so there's no feeling of "seen that before", like we have it every once in a while. 
Also, I'll never understand, why every movie has to be intellectually challenging. 
There's so many basic food I don't want to miss.
Haute Cuisine every day? Not so much.

For me, movies, others call dumb, still add to more variety in my life as a movie addict. 

There's so much out there to love for people like us. We are a very blessed bunch of addicts to be very honest.

That's why I don't understand, why so many find so much time to do the opposite of loving movies. 

Brilliant post!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

Oh well. I am not committing suicide or anything, but it's a bummer that such an utterly mediocre, intelectually lazy and emotionally vapid film is making a killing at the box office; nostalgia is a hell of a drug. However, it is not the first time that the GA thinks a film turd is the second coming, so I'll just have to accept it and eat some delicious crow. 

1 hour ago, MrMarosa said:

I love your passive aggressive too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Fandango pre-sale information is generally not very reliable, and basing predictions on it has been shown time and time again to be a mistake, as most people on here will know.

Who bases all their predictions on Fandango numbers?  That's just one part of the whole picture. 

There was one set of numbers that specifically showed an OW of more than $150m was coming. ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Who bases all their predictions on Fandango numbers?  That's just one part of the whole picture. 

There was one set of numbers that specifically showed an OW of more than $150m was coming. ;)

Not sure what this is meant to mean.

5 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, it's presales at your chain matched with CW and surpassed BvS so to say, you expected 80M OW is ridiculous. With where presales were plus family angle anything under 150M would be shocking.

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Reading deadlines article makes me realize that future generations will have no clue just how huge TDK was in its run..... first film past 200 in less than 6 days now we have films past 200 in their OW. 

It is forever huge, in my heart.

TDK tiene mi corazón. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

I dont understand what you think im supposed to do as a moderator.  My job is a moderator is not to agree with the masses. My job is a moderator is not to defend what I think are silly opinions. My job is a moderator is to make sure that rules are not broken here and thread titles are changed and people stay in line and people try to get along for the most part. And I did defend you my good sir. I defended your right not to like the movie. You have that right and I support your right not to like the movie. I just think you have miscalculated what the film is going to do and that's where my disconnect with you stems from.

Your job is also to at least wait a little while...just a little, man, before disdainfully calling a member "troll.” I just happenes to express an unpopular opinion, and yea, I admit that my tone was not roses and rainbows, but jeez...at least PM me before saying that I am a troll just because my box office acumen is not as sharp as youra. That’s what triggered my reactions...that message of yours in which you called me that. I have nothing against you, but dude, my ”bad attitude” has been partly because I hate that BATB is such a hit, but partly because of this whole insistence on troll-designating any unpopular opinion. I apologize for my idiotic behavior, ok ? I am genuinely sorry. But...next time I express my dislike for a beloved property and/or show what an amateur I am at box office numbers, can I be called a troll whenI am actually trolling? :(

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

Oh well. I am not committing suicide or anything, but it's a bummer that such an utterly mediocre, intelectually lazy and emotionally vapid film is making a killing at the box office; nostalgia is a hell of a drug. However, it is not the first time that the GA thinks a film turd is the second coming, so I'll just have to accept it and eat some delicious crow. 

:kitschjob: :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Adjusting for inflation will help to remind people how huge TDK was.

I understand the argument but that is like asking me to remember Titanics run lol I see how massive it is in history but I wasn't there so I can't fathom how big it actually was. 

That being said I remember the crazy preachers of the churches we went to blasting it from the pulpit so that says something about how far it invaded the popular culture of 1997/98

Also, saying that a film is intellectually lazy is very different from allegedly wanting ”intellectually challenging” films only. Heck, I loved Twilight and Transformers, and those films are anything but IC. I also look forward to Black Panther and Wonder Woman. Anyway, this is my last post about this. Sorry again for acting like a jerk. :(

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

Also, saying that a film is intellectually lazy is very different from allegedly wanting ”intellectually challenging” films only. Heck, I loved Twilight and Transformers, and those films are anything but IC. I also look forward to Black Panther and Wonder Woman. Anyway, this is my last post about this. Sorry again for acting like a jerk. :(

imagegif

3 hours ago, Rallax said:

You're from the Mojo days, aren't you?  You wrote the Legend of Rawsaw, didn't you? :)  Are you the same Rallax who was buddies with Mav?  

(I'm kidding of course, but there was a really good poster there named Rawsaw who sometimes went by the same name as you.)

Your job is also to at least wait a little while...just a little, man, before disdainfully calling a member "troll.” I just happenes to express an unpopular opinion, and yea, I admit that my tone was not roses and rainbows, but jeez...at least PM me before saying that I am a troll just because my box office acumen is not as sharp as youra. That’s what triggered my reactions...that message of yours in which you called me that. I have nothing against you, but dude, my ”bad attitude” has been partly because I hate that BATB is such a hit, but partly because of this whole insistence on troll-designating any unpopular opinion. I apologize for my idiotic behavior, ok ? I am genuinely sorry. But...next time I express my dislike for a beloved property and/or show what an amateur I am at box office numbers, can I be called a troll whenI am actually trolling? :(

I apologize.  I misread your intentions.  It just seemed like you were slamming the film every chance you got.  And that kind of seemed trollish.  I guess I didn't help the situation.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Like 8

All that's missing here is a mention about looking forward to the latest thing Terrence Malick has coming out and it's a shame his movies aren't more popular. So edgy! 

20 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I understand the argument but that is like asking me to remember Titanics run lol I see how massive it is in history but I wasn't there so I can't fathom how big it actually was. 

That being said I remember the crazy preachers of the churches we went to blasting it from the pulpit so that says something about how far it invaded the popular culture of 1997/98

Titanic is still fucking huge unadjusted.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MrMarosa said:

So you slam "intellectually lazy" movies and basically call general audiences idiots, then turn around and say you love Transformers? Do you have a split personality or are you two different people posting with this one account? 

• Like 4