Noctis

THURSDAY #'s: BATB $11M (Asgard)

I think BATB has really become a water cooler type of film where no one wants to be the "uncool" person who hasn't seen it yet. Heck, even most of my other guy friends have seen it (and enjoyed it) and some of these dudes are the last people you would ever expect to see a Disney "princess" musical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think so too. If it follows Jungle Book's daily percentages, it will reach close to $121m. Obviously that is probably too optimistic, but I think $100m+ is a very reasonable expectation.

Highly doubtful.  JB did not open during the rolling Spring Break.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think BATB has really become a water cooler type of film where no one wants to be the "uncool" person who hasn't seen it yet. Heck, even most of my other guy friends have seen it (and enjoyed it) and some of these dudes are the last people you would ever expect to see a Disney "princess" musical.

I am that uncool guy.

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

You only joined the bandwagon when Nolan cast him in one of his movies.

Actually...

I had Story of My Life and What Makes You Beautiful on my music library before that casting happened. :sparta:

• Like 1

I loved the original and wasn't entirely sure what to think of this version. That being said I can't remember the last time I sat in a theater and smiled so much. It's a really enjoyable flick. Im going to see it again this weekend.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Highly doubtful.  JB did not open during the rolling Spring Break.

Very likely that it will. The film is obviously a wom monster. A 40% drop seems reasonable 

I'm surprised so many of you are expecting a 100M 2nd weekend. I for one think 90M should be the target. There is a chance this has a similar Friday/Saturday increase as Cinderella (2015) which would only put it at 86M for the weekend. That is likely the worst case scenario. But still...100M is the best I see it doing this weekend. Even adjusted for inflation there have only been 5 films in history to do this....and their runs were legendary. They all adjust to over 600M today.

I'm predicting 90-95m 2nd weekend.