FlashMaster659

WEEKEND THREAD | Official Weekend Estimates: Beauty and the Beast - 88.3M; Power Rangers - 40.5M; Life - 12.6M; Other Numbers First Post. Gokira has been threadbanned.

Hopefully PR will get a sequel, if it performs better in the next markets and China/Japan. At least is having fine domestic numbers.  Could be worse, that's for sure.

Let's hope VR Troopers will also get its cinematic universe. Ron Perlman could be a nice Grimlord.

8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Hopefully PR will get a sequel, if it performs better in the next markets and China/Japan. At least is having fine domestic numbers.  Could be worse, that's for sure.

Let's hope VR Troopers will also get its cinematic universe. Ron Perlman could be a nice Grimlord.

I wish Perlman would rather do Hellboy 3 before he gets too old for the role.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, baumer said:

When you say something is being saved by China, that implies that China's numbers were never taken into consideration when the budget for this movie was approved and that now by sheer luck, it is doing better in China that anyone thought it would.

When the opposite is true.  This movie was always going to do more business internationally than domestic and they cast a popular Chinese actress knowing that this would give it some clout in China.  Films don't get saved because of any market.  Money is money.

JingTian isn't popular in China though. She is rumoured to be the girlfriend of a major Wanda Shareholder.

Wanda is the parent company of Legendary Pictures.

JingTian herself has more flops than success, and is definitely not a box office draw in China but Wanda paired her up with the likes of Donnie Yen and Jackie Chan, and put her in Hollywood movies.

In fact Kong is being rated low by many people in China who dislike her getting roles via connections.

Great Sunday number for BATB

March 2017 already the biggest month ever not counting Summer, Nov or Dec. It's going to close with around 1.150B, 200M over the previous biggest March record

14 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'd rather have a Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad movie. Of course they'd need to get Tim Curry back as Kilokhan.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Does Lionsgate have anything promising coming up in the next few years?

They have Saw Legacy coming this year...:)

Lionsgate's fatal mistake was closing down HOJ ( House of Jigsaw ). It was one of the best places, if not the best place to talk about the series. Good times. I remember when I talked to the writers and the directors. I won't deny, it was amazing!

They really need to start promoting this movie. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yikes. :unsure:

I hate Lionsgate. I blame them for THG decline. They oversaturated the market with similar content (Detergent) and split MJ movie that was based on the hated book. I know that 2 Mockingjays brought more money in their coffers than 1 would have, but they stopped the upward trend and the franchise took a nose-dive. Also, their other YA franchises (Maze Runner, etc) are shit. YA fad should die. Leave it to books but they don't translate on screen well anymore (HP, Twilight and THG being exceptions).