CJohn

CINEMACON 2017 | Official Thread

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Apparently it was a bomb threat that wasn't actually a bomb threat. Two Keanu Reeves' fans left their bags and rushed towards him to get autographs and pictures. Someone saw their black bags and thought it was a bomb threat haha 

Keanu Reeves really is The One.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Who is their Star of Tomorrow selection this year?

My favorite Cinemacon gaffe will always be when they named the stars of Sorority Row (an I Know What You Did Last Summer rip-off that was completely shunned at the box office). Like, who the fuck knows who any of those chicks are today, other than perhaps Rumer Willis (and that's just because her parents are Bruce Willis and Demi Moore)? That couldn't have screamed "bought out award" anymore if it tried.

"Bought out"? Dude, it's just a bunch of guys picking who they think is the hot star of tomorrow, that's all. 

Just now, TelemAAchos said:

"Bought out"? Dude, it's just a bunch of guys picking who they think is the hot star of tomorrow, that's all. 

Clearly none of those people actually watched the trailer for Sorority Row (which I had the misfortune of seeing before a handful of movies that summer). ;)

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Full Reviews are embargoed but I'm sure we always get reactions from these screening 

Cars 3 having a screening at Pixar itself seems different 

No reactions either, even on social media

8 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

From what I heard, Cars and Coco were talked about for like 30 seconds, but it was pretty much that they existed.

Also,

C8Dj49tW0AAqRVy.jpg

That WIR sequel has to be the most awkwardly titled film I've seen in a long time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

found these two reactions at least

I guess we know why it is embargoed. If that is the best Frosty can come up with :)

It seems like it is decent but not the huge game changer for the franchise that it was touted as being (best since the first one or better than OST is like clearing the bare minimum hurdle)