chasmmi

Question of the Week Survival Thread | All done and Scored | 3 Players got all the way to end but needed 2 passes each to get through......

NEW THING ALERT!!! NEW THING ALERT!!!

Not quite an SOTM, but also not quite a preseason. This is a little bit like the old Who wants to be a Millionaire SOTM of the past but it runs every week. 

It is one thread. One question per week and a simple Yes/No or Over/Under question. 

e.g. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 makes $100M Over / Under?

Players post in this thread their prediction and the thread is locked over the weekend. 

Players who are correct win 15,000 points and move on to the next question. (They will get progressively harder, theoretically). 

If you get a question wrong you are out and lose half of the points that you have accumulated over the course of the challenge. 

If you do not feel confident one a question, you can cash out at anytime, taking all the points you have earned to that point and end your involvement in the question.

Players will be given two chances to PASS. A pass means that they can move on to the next question but will not be credited with any extra money until they get another question correct. If they cash out or get a question wrong after a pass - the value is equal to that of the last question answered correctly, NOT the question reached.

If a player fails to post an answer before the deadline, they automatically use a PASS. If they do not have a PASS they will be automatically cashed out, but will lose 20% of what they made.

The challenge continues either until all players are cashed out or eliminated or the Summer Game ends.

There is potential to win 285,000 points in this challenge if you answer every question correctly with no passes.    

If a player somehow manages this, it will get boosted up to 300,000 but do not expect this to happen. 

Current Status after Week 2:

Red = You are out and that is your final score (either wrong answer, or cashed out)

Green = Still in and have 2 passes left

Blue = Still in and have 1 pass left

Purple = Still in but with Zero passes left

• Like 2

Week 1: May 5th Weekend: - Will Guardians of the Galaxy open to more than $125M?

Week 2: May 12th Weekend: - Will King Arthur and Snatched open to more than a combined 40M?

Week 3: May 19th Weekend: - Will Alien Covenant open in 1st place?

Week 4: May 26th Weekend: - Will Baywatch open higher than Pirates?

Week 5: June 2nd Weekend: - Will Wonder Woman Open to more than $100M?

Week 6: June 9th Weekend: - Will The Mummy open at number one?

Week 7: June 16th Weekend: - Will Wonder Woman drop more than 63%?

Week 8: June 23rd Weekend: - Will Cars 3 drop less than 47.5%?

Week 9: June 30th Weekend: - Will the House make more than 25% of the weekend gross of Despicable Me?

Week 10: July 7th Weekend: - Will Spiderman drop less than 22.5% on Sunday?

Week 11: July 14th Weekend: - Will The House drop less than 48%?

Week 12: July 21st Weekend: - Will Dunkirk and Valerian's combined opening week be over $100M?

Week 13: July 28th Weekend: - Will War for the Planet of the Apes' Saturday account for at least 40% of its weekend total?

Week 14: August 4th Weekend: - Will The Emoji Movie have a better drop than Cars 3's 2nd weekend drop?

Week 15: August 11th Weekend: - Will Nut Job 2 have a better internal multiplier than Despicable Me 3's OW internal multiplier?

Week 16: August 18th Weekend: - Will Annabelle 2 drop more than 54% this weekend?

Week 17: August 25th Weekend: - Will Hitman's Bodyguard have a better Sunday drop than Logan Lucky?

Week 18: September 1st Weekend: - Will Dunkirk Increase on Sunday?

Week 1: Yes 

@Wrath no i think @chasmmi intended to lock the thread after the weekly answer is due.  score once actuals are out ... advise who is still in the game and then we post a NEW post for week 2.  IN THIS THREAD!  Once scored you then can post whether to cash out or you post next weeks answer i believe.... Chas can confirm i got this right.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, franfar said:

EDIT: @chasmmi if we got it wrong, do we lose all the points we earned for this question game, or in the entire summer game including our predictions?

This question is its own question, all points won and lost relate to this only nothing outside of this thread. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, JJ-8 said:

@Wrath no i think @chasmmi intended to lock the thread after the weekly answer is due.  score once actuals are out ... advise who is still in the game and then we post a NEW post for week 2.  IN THIS THREAD!  Once scored you then can post whether to cash out or you post next weeks answer i believe.... Chas can confirm i got this right.

I see the advantage of not letting people go back and edit their responses "Are you SURE you had GotG 2 UNDER $125M originally???". Keeping everyone's responses in a single post would certainly be easier to track. I guess it depends on the record-keeping systems you guys have going.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wrath said:

I see the advantage of not letting people go back and edit their responses "Are you SURE you had GotG 2 UNDER $125M originally???". Keeping everyone's responses in a single post would certainly be easier to track. I guess it depends on the record-keeping systems you guys have going.

I get the worry, I will however update post one with a running score of everyone in game. 

• Like 1