BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (#1 Page 36!)

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'm not sure one top spot placement of it, is enough to get it into the top 100, especially when you were likely the only person who put it on their list. 

Am hoping my stanning and reminding at least got it on a couple lists

Ok, before we get started, some statistics:

• #1 film received 1554 Points
  • #100 film received 195 Points
  • The largest drop by a film from its 2015 placement but stayed in the Top 100 is 57 places.
  • The largest gain by a film from its 2015 placement is 53 places
  • There are 20 new films (films that were not Top 100 or Honorable Mentions in 2015) in the countdown

The 10 Honorable mentions will start shortly, in alphabetical order. They scored between 182 and 191 points.

• Like 7

It's a shame that Breakfast At Tiffany's couldn't make it onto the list, although personally, I didn't vote for it (it's a lovely score, but has a lot of typical Mancini's 60's Lounge jazz in it), I would have liked to have seen Mancini be represented by at least one score on this list, though personally, I would have gone for something like Lifeforce or The Molly Maguires (I didn't put it on my list, but it was in consideration), because I find them to be overall more accomplished pieces of film music from him.

Also fine with Captain America: The First Avenger missing this time. A fine score sure, but it doesn't deserve to be on a top 100 film score lists. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1