BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (#1 Page 36!)

Goldsmith is quite possibly the best film composer we've ever had. The problem is that his filmography is filled with duds so a lot of his best work has gone relatively unnoticed.

Case in point: he wrote a masterclass in horror scoring for...The Omen III.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The countdown will resume tomorrow night, due to Passover.

So you're passing over the countdown for Passover?

Image result for i'm here all night gif

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Goldsmith is quite possibly the best film composer we've ever had. The problem is that his filmography is filled with duds so a lot of his best work has gone relatively unnoticed.

Case in point: he wrote a masterclass in horror scoring for...The Omen III.

yep. I started listening to a lot of his scores recently and I have to say that he may even top John Williams

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

nah. doubt RotS or AotC made it

Why not?  Despite the prequels being fairly bad (with the exception of RotS which is the perfect amount of moody campiness), John Williams' score for them is pretty wonderful.  Although I just voted for Episode 4 to be my all inclusive Star Wars vote, the prequel trilogy is probably the best scored  of the trilogies (although the new series of movies is incomplete, so you can't fully judge yet).

1.Star Wars

2.The Phantom Menace

3.Empire Strikes Back

4.Revenge of the Sith

5.Attack of the Clones

6.The Force Awakens

7.Return of the Jedi

8.Rogue One

• Like 1

There are a couple of tracks in each prequel that're nice but I don't think the whole score is indicative of Williams' best. They were easy choices to pass over for me -- I'd rather promote stuff like his JFK score. 

And of course, I went in not wanting to have a ton of Williams on my list. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

nah. doubt RotS or AotC made it

I think all the prequel scores were in my top 10, and I actually ranked AOTC above TPM, not to mention there was a poster who said TFW was the lesser of the star wars scores and that post got a decent amount of likes, I know TFA was lowest on mine.