Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN THREAD ACTIVATE! (#25-21 Complete!)

596 posts in this topic

I better not be the only one voting for Cat People next time

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

ROTJ's score is overrated.

What are the single votes?

Click the links in the spoiler tag since vids won't embed

34 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I think it's fairly deserving of being in top 25. It's among Williams most epic works IMO, and it features some great themes. It was in my top 40 at least. :P

Geez, I dunno. Williams' Top 25? Sure. Top 25 ever? Seems fairly over-valued to me (based largely on "Duel of the Fates")... and I like the score quite a bit, so I'm hardly a hater.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Geez, I dunno. Williams' Top 25? Sure. Top 25 ever? Seems fairly over-valued to me (based largely on "Duel of the Fates")... and I like the score quite a bit, so I'm hardly a hater.

Oh okay. There's a lot more to the score then just Duel of the Fates though, so that's why it was on my list. I just think it's an excellent score overall. I didn't put in my top 25 though, I'm actually surprised to see it so high I'll admit. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Tele Came Back said:

Top 25 is probably to high, but I will say that I find it to be a better score than ROTJ

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm the only one who voted for Somewhere In Time?

You heartless bastards!

Well 3 of those are great scores..... 

Somewhere in Time is amazing

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm the only one that voted for Flash Gordon? Where are all the Queen fans?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Walt Disney said:

I'm the only one that voted for Flash Gordon? Where are all the Queen fans?

yeah I never got a chance to do this, but Flash Gordon would definitely get a vote from me.

1 person likes this

That Vertigo is so low is already a travesty. That it came behind The Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi is...no words.

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

That Vertigo is so low is already a travesty. That it came behind The Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi is...no words.

Yup pretty much my thoughts as well

11 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Didn't even show up in the previous editions of the list...

3 people like this

I might pull a 13 Reasons Why if Atonement isn't in the final 20.

Return of the Jedi is terrific

The Phantom Menace is even better.

ET is one of my faves.

Good job forums.  

4 people like this

On 2017-04-25 at 0:53 AM, Tele Came Back said:

Complaining bout TPM soundtrack at #23 and not ROTJ at #21 is like saying HELP! is a better Beatles album than The White Album because HELP! has more hits. 
Williams was (again) in full bloom here, more dynamic than ever, and because of the soundtracking process of the late 90's the music is much more dot-on-dotty with the frames herein than in any other Star Wars movie. Sure: Empire Strikes Back got the hits but The Phantom Menace is an album. 

3 people like this

Easily, ESB is the best SW score. It works as a gorgeous unity. Plus, it improves the amazing themes of ANH. In 1999 it was truly atrocious and disheartening to see TPM completely snubed in Score. It's perfection. The complete score really helps to rediscover it.

ESB > ANH > TPM > ROTJ > ROTS = TFA > AOTC > R1

The first 4 scores deserve to be on any top50 scores list. I would surely have a better consideration of the last 4 if there were an official Complete Score.

1 person likes this