BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (#1 Page 36!)

Spoiler

Schindler's List (1993)

Original Music by John Williams

609 Points

Top 5 Placements: 1

Top 10 Placements: 1

2015 Placement: 14 (-2)

A lot of familar faces will be showing up in this Top 20, especially a certain prolific composer. Williams initially didn't want to compose for the film, telling Spielberg it deserved someone "better" than him. Spielberg agreed, but said they were all dead. Famed violinist Itzhak Perlman collaborated with Williams for performance of the violin in the recurring main theme for the film. Williams received his fifth Oscar win for this film. He hasn't won since.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS YOU FUCKING DUMBASS FUCKERS. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO VOTED FOR NOCTURNAL ANIMALS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FUCKING CASUALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So THAT is the Wrath of Han. 

• Like 9

I'm not surprised I wasn't the only person who voted for Heavy Metal, but I'm still disappointed nonetheless. It's a masterpiece of multiple story scoring & character theme based scoring, with everything ranging from traditional orchestra to jazz. 

Heck I was having a discussion with someone about the Odnes Martenot (an instrument that Bernstein used throughout much of the 80's, the use of which starts with the film), so a link to a score bit from it is rather timely in many ways. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS YOU FUCKING DUMBASS FUCKERS. I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO VOTED FOR NOCTURNAL ANIMALS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FUCKING CASUALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nocturnal Animals isn't even a top 10 score for 2016.  Calm down.

• Like 2

It seems like half of my votes weren't even good enough to make the one vote wonders list :( 

Of course I am now back at the point where I am invested in films for this list again as this is prime "Fuck you all for not putting BTTF higher" territory right here :) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, chasmmi said:

It seems like half of my votes weren't even good enough to make the one vote wonders list :( 

Of course I am now back at the point where I am invested in films for this list again as this is prime "Fuck you all for not putting BTTF higher" territory right here :) 

I'll find a couple of yours for the final one.

• Like 3