BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (#1 Page 36!)

34 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I just think their original collabs are superior to their Batman ones. Begins is my favorite score of the 3 tho

For me Inception >> TDK > Interstellar. Never was big on the music in BB and TDKR.

I like the way the TDK score is integrated in the movie but it's never been particularly memorable on its own. Same with BB (though I like several of the tracks). TDKR, for all its absurd bombast, is way more listenable as an album for me. 

I like INCEPTION's score quite a bit, but it also seems pretty overrated in most geek circles (including this one). The truly iconic piece of music from it isn't even in the movie -- it's Zack Hemsey's "Mind Heist" (further adapted by Zimmer for the full trailer).

INTERSTELLAR is probably the most interesting, though damn, that space organ gets annoying sometimes. 

• Like 3

Even though I think it's fab in the movie, the Interstellar score doesn't really stand on its own. Inception is the most complete of them, in the sense it's not repetitive, offers a variety of really good themes and filler. Of the Batman music, TDK is probably my least favorite cuz the Joker stuff irritates me a lot.  

Edited by Goffe

22 minutes ago, Travod said:

If POTC: AWE isn't in like top 20 I'm done tbh.

I admire your attitude, but I should tell you to embrace an inevitable disappointment. People on here seem to think it's the worst of the 3 if the lists posted on the original thread are any indication. Of course, that's an offensive & wrong opinion to have, but that's BOT for you.

Edited by Goffe

48 minutes ago, Telerian said:

Top 20?!!?

AWE is the best score of all time, but I figured I would have to be a little more flexible given this is a public poll :lol:

Edited by Travod

1 minute ago, Travod said:

AWE is the best score of all time, but I figured I would have to be a little more flexible given this is a public poll :lol:

Are you like James?   Do you not see movies made before the 21st Century?  

Or maybe only watch movies with Depp in a Pirate costume? ;)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Travod said:

If POTC: AWE isn't in like top 20 I'm done tbh.

Top 50 maybe, but then again none of the Pirates scores really deserve to be on this list (AWE is pretty good, though).

Edited by Fancyarcher