WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

Monday predix

(-75.5%) The Boss Baby - 3,550,000 - 65.70

(-74.8%) Beauty and the Beast - 3,300,000 - 396.64

(-68.8%) Ghost in the Shell - 1,350,000 - 20.03

(-74.1%) Power Rangers - 1,050,000 - 65.81

(-71.3%) King Kong - 700,000 - 148.34

(-69.3%) Logan - 525,000 - 212.30

(-67.1%) Life - 500,000 - 22.80

(-65.7%) Get Out - 500,000 - 157.23

(-67.5%) CHiPs - 350,000 - 14.62

(-60.8%) The Zookeeper's Wife - 350,000 - 3.64

(-67.2%) The Shack - 185,000 - 53.14

7 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Power Ranger's Monday was 75% of its Thursday previews.  A similar performance would give GitS a 1.35M monday

Power Rangers did fall 74% that first Monday, though. GitS would need to fall about 69% to get to 1.35. That's possible, since Logan and Life were around that last Monday, and by rating they play older, as GitS seems to. But its rating indicates it's probably going to fall a bit harsher. I'd guess about 1.25m.

12 hours ago, aabattery said:

I disagree. Sure they've made some stinkers, but they also produce a lot of great stuff. Just last year, Paramount were the ones behind Everybody Wants Some!!, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Arrival, Fences and Silence. It would really, really suck to lose them.

Huh you made me change my mind. I heard MI and Transformers and thought hey Paramount is great! But you're right, Arrival and Silence were two of the biggest pieces of shit all year. Fuck Paramount! Lol

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh you made me change my mind. I heard MI and Transformers and thought hey Paramount is great! But you're right, Arrival and Silence were two of the biggest pieces of shit all year. Fuck Paramount! Lol

YoLy_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

reaction broccoli lil yachty blank stare lil boat GIF

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Ugh, I just realized that Get Out's RT score actually should technically round to 100% but isn't because if one dopey negative review  

226/227 is like 99.6% 

Well, it's nothing too bad to be sad about.

99% on RT for a movie like Get Out is still amazing. And it's performing strongly DOM-wise. I wish the OS-gross would have been higher....then it would have gotten over $200M WW faster. 

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, it's nothing too bad to be sad about.

99% on RT for a movie like Get Out is still amazing. And it's performing strongly DOM-wise. I wish the OS-gross would have been higher....then it would have gotten over $200M WW faster. 

It's not a film that has a huge amount of appeal outside of NA, so it's WW performance is not all that shocking, though. 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Ugh, I just realized that Get Out's RT score actually should technically round to 100% but isn't because if one dopey negative review  

226/227 is like 99.6% 

Yeah, it's actually the only film on RT that has only one negative review but would otherwise round to 100%. RT otherwise always follows the usual rounding of rounding to the nearest whole percentage, with .5 rounded up. I'd really like to know if the general public assumes 100% necessarily means exactly 100%, if so the state of math education in North America is worse than I thought.

Edit: Think it was brought up in the main GO thread that maybe RT wants to preserve 100% as meaning absolutely perfect score. Honestly though, GO's situation is very rare (only film), and I'm personally against breaking math conventions for something as arbitrary as RT 100% meaning perfect score. Especially since it's essentially guaranteed that any film currently with 100% would then lose it at some point if more critics were to review them. (most of them have comparatively few reviews)

Edited by Jason
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

226/227 is like 99.6% 

And more proof that critics cannot be taken at all seriously anymore.