baumer

***************Stephen King's IT BOOK SPOILER THREAD************** BOOK SPOILERS ARE FAIR GAME MOVIE SPOILERS ARE NOT!!!**** ONLY DISCUSS THE BOOK THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THE MOVIE.

Just now, baumer said:

Yes its one of the reasons why King is so brilliant. 

Christine is mentioned

So is Dick Hallorann

not sure I got to the Christine reference yet, but since I love that movie too, I'm sure I'll enjoy it when it happens :)

part of me feels like I am reading/listening to this for the first time since I read it soo long ago.  Kind of like the book maybe it's that amnesia of being a kid :P 

• Like 1

I have read the book I think 6 times now. Granted the last two times were the first time I read it in about 15 years. I honestly believe every time I read the book I pick up something new. It's just so rich and Incredibly detailed that it really is hard to pick up every single thing when you read it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have read the book I think 6 times now. Granted the last two times were the first time I read it in about 15 years. I honestly believe every time I read the book I pick up something new. It's just so rich and Incredibly detailed that it really is hard to pick up every single thing when you read it.

agreed, even listening to the audiobook, there is so much information from even all the details to all the medications the one guy packs for the trip.

I'm really enjoying it.  It really is like the first time again.  I usually remember everything, but I guess with all the details, I guess just the main parts stayed with me for now :P 

• Like 1

I just got to the Derry Second interlude part of the book where Hanlon is contacting the police about every missing child/teenager.  I only read a few pages in as the lighting and my eyes weren't working well together :P 

but yeah that's past where Stan tells his story, Bev sees the blood and then uses the tape measure down the toilet, etc, etc.  Pretty awesome stuff.  I don't know if I'm just engrossed into the story or if the way the book is printed but I am reading pretty quickly, it seems.  It could be both :P  but it feels like I am reading a lot at once.  I'm probably a good 45% in I think at this point

I just made it to the third interlude.  They are all back in Derry and did their walk through to see IT again to try to remember.  I like how they even brought back the "three uninvited guests".  I didn't expect for them to be back so it's pretty cool how King is keeping all these even characters relevant.

@baumer

I just got done the Apocalyptic Rockfight which is chapter 13.  

I remember the tv show much more than the book and this literally feels like I am reading this book for the first time.  I realize I read it like 30 years ago but still :P 

I figured you would appreciate my avatar with the  "float down here" :P  

• Like 1

The apocalyptic Rock fight it's one of my favorite parts of the book. Not only does it bring Mike together with the rest of them put it also is a very cathartic part of the book because the losers club actually wins one LOL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

The apocalyptic Rock fight it's one of my favorite parts of the book. Not only does it bring Mike together with the rest of them put it also is a very cathartic part of the book because the losers club actually wins one LOL

yeah that's exactly how I felt after reading it.  I know they literally say that in the book too about them finally being together, but it was a great feeling reading it.  Made me think about when I was a kid and having that group most of us had.  Pretty awesome stuff

• Like 1

read another chapter and got to the part they obviously changed for the movie where they are all going through the photo album and It comes out of the picture.  Obviously, they are changing to the slide projector for the movie which I think was a nice touch actually

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Just finished the Smoke Hole and I liked the revelation that It has always been around since basically the beginning of time.

I just read part of Eddie's  Broken Arm.  I got cut off reading but it was during one of the breaks in the chapter anyway.

On 4/6/2017 at 1:17 AM, PRESIDENT BKB said:

I just read that this movie will be split into 2 Parts with the 1st movie being about the kids and the 2nd movie when they're adults.. This true??? I mean, there's no way possible to cram a 1000 pages into a 2 hour movie and do so accurately and that goes for The STAND as well... :thinking:

Actually this was exactly how the older version was done, i can't remember when was the original IT movies because i was a very small kid then..

Now, i am talking about the original movie long ago, not this version ...so i hope it is not consider as Spoilers

I remember for the first movie, it started with some adults trying to gather their old buddies and talk about "IT" is back, one guy killed himself and the story went back to their childhood .. about how they were strangers at first but band together as they realise there was an entity that feed on human flesh... the story end with them confronting IT and defeating it..

the 2nd movie continue their quest as adult and as usual , confronting IT once again towards the end

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 75live said:

read another chapter and got to the part they obviously changed for the movie where they are all going through the photo album and It comes out of the picture.  Obviously, they are changing to the slide projector for the movie which I think was a nice touch actually

I believe the original movie was depicting IT coming out from the photo album too..pretty scary for me then

12 hours ago, Eric Lancer said:

I believe the original movie was depicting IT coming out from the photo album too..pretty scary for me then

yeah it's a freaky idea and I am pretty sure it was in the tv show as well.  But they made a change for the movie and it looks like it works from the trailer.  Plus it probably was easier to do effects wise as well 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 75live said:

yeah it's a freaky idea and I am pretty sure it was in the tv show as well.  But they made a change for the movie and it looks like it works from the trailer.  Plus it probably was easier to do effects wise as well 

Ya agree... i think part one was more scarier, with the Clown as the main antagonist , and they face the clown in the end... one classical scene was when a kid hit his head with a silver bullet, the clown's head crack a hole like an egg... LOL

the 2nd part is when the clown become a big scaly monster, which i think is less scary than the first

I have about 300-400 pages left. I just got done Bev telling the story of how Patrick Hockstetter died.  Obviously I am getting closer and closer to the climax of the story.

I do like how the printing changes from when it is more of a recollection to normal font when the story is back in the real place and time that it occurred.  It's another nice touch of the writing

• Like 1

Just finished The Bullseye where the confrontatom with It as kids happened.  If they do that right, it could get a great part of the first film and possibly the end of the first movie. 

I also have an idea of how they should start the 2nd movie or even use it to open the first movie.  It think they should open with Stan getting the phone  call as an adult and have him go into the bath and have the wife downstairs doing things until she heard something and goes upstairs to check on Stan and no find him dead in the tub.  Then they can put up the It title card. 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, 75live said:

Just finished The Bullseye where the confrontatom with It as kids happened.  If they do that right, it could get a great part of the first film and possibly the end of the first movie. 

I also have an idea of how they should start the 2nd movie or even use it to open the first movie.  It think they should open with Stan getting the phone  call as an adult and have him go into the bath and have the wife downstairs doing things until she heard something and goes upstairs to check on Stan and no find him dead in the tub.  Then they can put up the It title card. 

If they don't start the second part this way, they are fools.  It's pretty much the only way to start it....the only other thing I can think of is having Stan's bath be the end credits scene.....so you get through all the kids stuff and during the credits, you kind of have little splices of STan's house and then BAM! it ends with Stan and the IT in blood on the wall.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, baumer said:

If they don't start the second part this way, they are fools.  It's pretty much the only way to start it....the only other thing I can think of is having Stan's bath be the end credits scene.....so you get through all the kids stuff and during the credits, you kind of have little splices of STan's house and then BAM! it ends with Stan and the IT in blood on the wall.

yeah it could work as the after credits scene of the first film too.  But I'm with you and not only because I already said it lol, but they have to use that as the beginning of the adult story.  It's the perfect setup

• Like 1