Finnick

Tuesday Numbers : BATB: 4.57M, CROSSED 400M!!! BB: 4.37M, GITS: 1.92M

Why do people still get excited by Tuesday jumps? We all know it's because of the "discount Tuesday" that most big chains observe these days. And we also know that today (Wednesday) will see a big drop. 

That said, big ups to BATB. $400m DOM and $900m WW is just sick, that's pure Massive Summer Blockbuster terrain. Amazing. 

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Why do people still get excited by Tuesday jumps? We all know it's because of the "discount Tuesday" that most big chains observe these days. And we also know that today (Wednesday) will see a big drop. 

That said, big ups to BATB. $400m DOM and $900m WW is just sick, that's pure Massive Summer Blockbuster terrain. Amazing. 

You can't let fans of certain movies enjoy 1 day. You have to blank on their parade. Geez!

Edited by Momo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Because people LOVE to see big numbers and big increases. Human beings have a propensity to enjoy positive things much more than negatives. It's simple psychology.

That and its not every day you have a 400m film before Summer.

The Tuesday number allowed BATB to join a group that was previously inhabited by only one film which makes it's run legendary for the time of year.

Here is something else to consider - films before May 1st grossing more than 350m equal only 6 in total (all of which are from 2004-onwards)

Hunger Games - 408m

BATB - 401m

Passion - 370m

Deadpool - 363m

Furious 7 - 353m

American Sniper - 350m

That Tuesday number shows us a rare thing - that I for one am glad to see.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Because people LOVE to see big numbers and big increases. Human beings have a propensity to enjoy positive things much more than negatives. It's simple psychology.

That and its not every day you have a 400m film before Summer.

The Tuesday number allowed BATB to join a group that was previously inhabited by only one film which makes it's run legendary for the time of year.

Here is something else to consider - films before May 1st grossing more than 350m equal only 6 in total (all of which are from 2004-onwards)

Hunger Games - 408m

BATB - 401m

Passion - 370m

Deadpool - 363m

Furious 7 - 353m

American Sniper - 350m

That Tuesday number shows us a rare thing - that I for one am glad to see.

The Jungle Book

58 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Reading the internet, i dunno about that...

LOL well we have the propensity but doesn't mean it has to be the reality. I would much rather see / hear positive things - one reason I rarely use social media anymore.

8 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

So, anybody think Ghost will get mass dumped in week #3?

Yeah, looking that way. Will survive this week only because some really bad movies are playing this weekend,but next week with F8 I see GITS and PR droping big time.

Edited by Momo

16 minutes ago, Momo said:

Yeah, looking that way. Will survive this week only because some really bad movies are playing this weekend,but next week with F8 I see GITS and PR droping big time.

Rangers will hold better than Ghost. I expect 60 percent drops for Ghost in the next 2 weekends. Rangers third week won't be THAT bad. Fourth will be devastating though.

11 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Rangers will hold better than Ghost. I expect 60 percent drops for Ghost in the next 2 weekends. Rangers third week won't be THAT bad. Fourth will be devastating though.

Easter weekend will more than likely ensure it doesnt drop 60% two weekends in a row.

9 minutes ago, Harley said:

Rangers and GitS will lose theaters this weekend to make room for the newer releases. I imagine it will come down to theater numbers.

GiTS wont till next weekend.

Just now, baumer said:

Easter weekend will more than likely ensure it doesnt drop 60% two weekends in a row.

Shoot,forgot easter is coming up. Yeah should help some movies. Since families are off.

• Like 1