Eric Atreides

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did you guys miss the part where both Smurfs 2 and ASM2 did poorly financially and critically? :kitschjob:

I think Civil War has mitigated the ASM2 negativity to some degree and IM have a presence will further help it.

I am not super bullish on SMH though. I see a solid dom - around ASM1's 260m. But not 300-350.

• Like 2

The RT Audience score has started off at 76% for Smurfs. That's not bad. I think that's higher than where Boss Baby started as in it's OW itself Boss Baby was in the mid-60s (currently at 63%).

Ergh. That's one chilling pair of releases for the weekend right here.

I guess after that insane March, it'd make sense to have a comedown, though, but YIKES at that Smurfs megabomb. Looks like it wasn't such a good idea to debut a week after Boss Baby after all, amirite Sony?

Edited by MCKillswitch123

32 minutes ago, DAR said:

Smurfs was one of those Saturday Morning cartoons I would be disappointed when it came on.  

Now these guys

snorks23.jpg

I dug

disagree about the Smurfs part but hit like for the Snorks part ;) 

I used to like the smurfs cartoon as a kid but I agree that the liveaction-animation movies were meh which put off lots of people.

Plus, the competition is pretty strong atm.

It has similar target audience to both Beauty and Boss Baby which hold pretty strongly still.

The most disappointing part are OS numbers. Dom was never gonna be strong but I was expecting something north of $200m IS which is obv NOT happening.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

TFW Boss Baby is better than half of the movies released in March

Image result for haha wtf gif

Oh, and like 10 people showed up before the movie started. No solo experience yet :sadben: 

You liked it?