Jump to content

Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

 

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

 

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Valonqar

Star Wars Celebration Orlando Live Stream Party! Thu&Fri!

Recommended Posts

75live    9,448
43 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Signing off from the convention.  Overall an amazing experience.  It's quite different to be surrounded by people who are fans of Star Wars.  And it's an eye opener to realize just how passionate some are about it.  I kid you not someone basically booked a tattoo artists' whole time at the convention to have specific work done on his back.  And it's amazing to see multiple generations of families coming here.  

 

I met a father and daughter while waiting in line at 5 in the morning to get into The Last Jedi panel.  The daughter became a Forrest Whitaker fan because of Rogue One.  She knew voice actors for Clone Wars and Rogue One.  And they were gonna do it again on Saturday morning!

 

I've met people from all over the place that came specifically for Celebration (but of course staying longer for vacation). From Brazil, Australia, a lot of Japanese.  Panels were a blast.  I just wish I had more time but back to reality. 

 

I am going to try again in 2019. :D

 

 

yeah all that is part of the beauty of Celebration. I had pretty much all the same exact stories at the couple i went to before.  You meet so many people and it's cool because they are all there for the same love of the franchise.  I almost did one of the tattoo artists there since they have the whole tattoo section.

 

My friend and I the second time we went decided to "give back" and we dressed up on the Saturday.  Figured so many people do the costumes to make other people happy, we would do it as well.

 

But yeah I could give tons of stories, but so glad you had such a great time and that you may go again.  I may go to the next one as well :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wileECoyote    7,795

And Mark Hamill is going to the same departure terminal.  Just saw him getting on the people mover :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75live    9,448
1 minute ago, wileECoyote said:

And Mark Hamill is going to the same departure terminal.  Just saw him getting on the people mover :lol:

 

 

awesome.  don't harass him too much, he's a cool dude ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JB33    850
On 15/04/2017 at 4:08 AM, Giesi said:

So how likely is an announcement today or tomorrow regarding future spin-offs / time after EP8?

 

This is what I was anticipating and now wondering about. I thought we'd find out for sure about their future slate. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wileECoyote    7,795
56 minutes ago, 75live said:

 

awesome.  don't harass him too much, he's a cool dude ;) 

 

Yeah I didn't but there were 2 SW fans who really got in his way for autograph.  And a couple trailing just for pictures.  Couple of police moved them aside. 

 

But he did take a photo with a kid and his mom before the people mover. 

24 minutes ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

Ask if he's playing the Joker in Injustice2!

 

 

Nah.  But someone asked who that was and someone said "The Joker!"   :lol:

 

 

 

And bumped into Mark Ellis from the Collider crew.  Didn't see the rest of the Collider crew until they boarded the plane to LA

Edited by wileECoyote
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valonqar    1,879
1 hour ago, wileECoyote said:

Signing off from the convention.  Overall an amazing experience.  It's quite different to be surrounded by people who are fans of Star Wars.  And it's an eye opener to realize just how passionate some are about it.  I kid you not someone basically booked a tattoo artists' whole time at the convention to have specific work done on his back.  And it's amazing to see multiple generations of families coming here.  

 

I met a father and daughter while waiting in line at 5 in the morning to get into The Last Jedi panel.  The daughter became a Forrest Whitaker fan because of Rogue One.  She knew voice actors for Clone Wars and Rogue One.  And they were gonna do it again on Saturday morning!

 

I've met people from all over the place that came specifically for Celebration (but of course staying longer for vacation). From Brazil, Australia, a lot of Japanese.  Panels were a blast.  I just wish I had more time but back to reality. 

 

I am going to try again in 2019. :D

 

 

Great report! Did you have a chance to talk about the trailer and poster with other fans and maybe get the idea what they think, what their theories are, etcZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wileECoyote    7,795
12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

 

Great report! Did you have a chance to talk about the trailer and poster with other fans and maybe get the idea what they think, what their theories are, etcZ?

 

Yeah I talked to a few fans about the trailer while waiting in the lines but I didn't go asking everyone I met.  I kind of overheard a couple of conversations.  Generally they loved the trailer, no surprise.  But I got the feeling that overall the opinion was TFA better.  But of course it's just the group of people that I was around or met.  Some complained that there was not enough of the newer characters.  But were glad to hear Luke speak.  And that last part, people agreed it was a jaw dropper but kind of anxious...

 

But the poster reaction was stronger, almost universal.  The poster is freaking awesome.  Other attendees wanted them bad.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valonqar    1,879
31 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

 

Yeah I talked to a few fans about the trailer while waiting in the lines but I didn't go asking everyone I met.  I kind of overheard a couple of conversations.  Generally they loved the trailer, no surprise.  But I got the feeling that overall the opinion was TFA better.  But of course it's just the group of people that I was around or met.  Some complained that there was not enough of the newer characters.  But were glad to hear Luke speak.  And that last part, people agreed it was a jaw dropper but kind of anxious...

 

But the poster reaction was stronger, almost universal.  The poster is freaking awesome.  Other attendees wanted them bad.  

 

 

That's exactly how the reaction is all over the Net. TFA teaser >>>>> TLJ teaser, TLJ poster >>>>> TLJ teaser, where are the new characters? where are characters who aren't Rey? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wileECoyote    7,795
6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

 

That's exactly how the reaction is all over the Net. TFA teaser >>>>> TLJ teaser, TLJ poster >>>>> TLJ teaser, where are the new characters? where are characters who aren't Rey? :lol:

Heh Well I wouldn't say >>>>.  More like they liked it better.  They still loved the trailer overall but it's hard to beat "Chewie. We're home" Although that was the second teaser, that was the one most were comparing TLJ teaser to instead of the first one.

 

But yeah for the most part, I think attendees understood it was just a teaser.  Personally I had the same reaction but I'm expecting more later on so I'm good to go.  

Edited by wileECoyote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
George Parr    1,197

I still don't understand why anyone would wonder where the new characters were. There was just a quick glance at Rey, Poe, Finn, BB-8 and the back of Kylo Ren in the first teaser for TFA. There was no text by any of them, only some words by Snoke. None of their appearances were any different than the ones in this teaser. None of the other new characters appeared in the first TFA teaser either, nor did any of the old. The second one was very much the same, instead of one shot, there were three or four quick shots of Rey and Finn, but everything else was still the same, just with Han's line at the end. Quite a few new characters were only seen for a split-second or not at all. The only time there was more than just a quick glimpse at any character was in the final trailer.

 

Sounds more likely people compare the overall trailer history of TFA to the very first teaser of TLJ, which would be an odd comparison to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CalifoBoy    39

I can't stand the people who didn't liked 'Revenge of the Sith'. This was the film that made not only me, but an entire young generation fall in love with Star Wars. A movie with a really compelling story, totally in pair with The Empire Strikes Back as the most complex movies in the entire saga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Valonqar    1,879
1 hour ago, CalifoBoy said:

I can't stand the people who didn't liked 'Revenge of the Sith'. This was the film that made not only me, but an entire young generation fall in love with Star Wars. A movie with a really compelling story, totally in pair with The Empire Strikes Back as the most complex movies in the entire saga.

 

It's my favorite SW movie for what it's worth. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CalifoBoy    39
19 hours ago, Valonqar said:

 

It's my favorite SW movie for what it's worth. :)

 

Thank you! :) There are many of us by the way whom actually feel the same way! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.