Plain Old Tele

Fate of the Furious (aka Furious 8) (2017)

F8 of the Furious (2017)  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

I thought the feud was just a publicity stunt? It's apparently real? Lol

You haven't heard that Diesel forced a scene between Johnson and Statham to be cut a few days back? lmao.

Dom has arguably become the least interesting person in the entire group so it's really not a surprise that Diesel is a diva about attention being taken away from him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

My favourite was the when Vin was walking up to Dwayne in the crashed car. You could only see below Vin's neck and it was ever so slightly blurred.

It's so silly. I really want to know what their beef is.

It's even more weird in the narrative sense when Hobbs is the person Dom turns on first. This should have meant that their next interaction should have been emotionally charged, instead I don't think we ever got their next interaction at all. The scene when Hobbs and Dom make eye contact post the betrayal should have been amazing, instead we get separate shots in which the 2 people aren't even in the same frame at the same time.

• Like 2

hmm I think being russian clouds my judgement:lol::lol:

I suppose it is less funny for non russians to watch this movie :D

ridic plot with the submarine aside I enjoyed the jokes (too much directed at Roman & after a while it gets tiring)

basically I was bit bored...

Damn, I totally forgot that he killed Han

I cant forget that so ...the team really I cant see without Han & Gadot characters.

I did like the plane sequence & zombie cars

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

I will say, F8 might have had peak 'SUMBITCH' delivered by the Rock in this one. I like how he never really seems to say son of a bitch, he's into the brevity thing

My favorite moment in the movie is when he's about to go to prison and Scott Eastwood says something along the lines of "You know, what would your daughter think of this?" The Rock's head turn and that sound effect had me fucking ROLLING :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My favorite moment in the movie is when he's about to go to prison and Scott Eastwood says something along the lines of "You know, what would your daughter think of this?" The Rock's head turn and that sound effect had me fucking ROLLING :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

Honestly I'm surprised he didn't take his head off with punch after that comment lol

Edited by Fate of the Robertman2

On 4/15/2017 at 9:56 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean it would've been fine if they had set it up in the movie but they literally only brought Bryan up once before that (and that just felt like a forced explain why he's not there moment.) I shed a tear yeah. But it was an incredibly cheap ploy that was fully unearned

They brought Brian up more than just the once....everytime they say "Buster", thats who they're talking about 

On 4/16/2017 at 0:48 AM, filmlover said:

Yeah, like are these movies just gonna forget that Jason Statham killed one of their familia in the last movie? Also, considering they never showed a body, I very, very, very much doubt we saw the last of Gal Gadot in these movies.

Well I think it was ludacris who said something along the lines of "why would we work with you after everything you've done?" Which I'm sure implies Han and everything 

I have been saying this with every entry since the 6th, but it would make so much sense to wrap this up with the next one. Seriously, Dom has a kid now. Isn't that the reason Brian "retired"? Because he has children? So wrap everything up with 9, and have Paul walker's brother come back again and cgi him (just a small part is all that's needed) so he can meet Dom's kid, because this series always puts an emphasis on family. It would just seem weird if he doesn't at least meet him. It would feel like everything came to a full circle if they do that. Plus, financially speaking, 7 was the peak. So they could at least finish while the box office is still good and not milk it too much. I know there's plans for 9 and 10 and there are a couple of loose ends, so this one can't be the end? Drop 10 and make 9 the last. Hell, this one could've been the last had there not been any loose ends. But one more can't hurt. Especially if some of it takes place in China.

Edited by cheesypoofs
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I have been saying this with every entry since the 6th, but it would make so much sense to wrap this up with the next one. Seriously, Dom has a kid now. Isn't that the reason Brian "retired"? Because he has children? So wrap everything up with 9, and have Paul walker's brother come back again and cgi him (just a small part is all that's needed) so he can meet Dom's kid, because this series always puts an emphasis on family. It would just seem weird if he doesn't at least meet him. It would feel like everything came to a full circle if they do that. Plus, financially speaking, 7 was the peak. So they could at least finish while the box office is still good and not milk it too much. I know there's plans for 9 and 10 and there are a couple of loose ends, so this one can't be the end? Drop 10 and make 9 the last. Hell, this one could've been the last had there not been any loose ends. But one more can't hurt. Especially if some of it takes place in China.

Do they go to space?

• Like 1

It's up there with the first one as my favourite in the franchise. The runtime went by extremely quickly, and it was hilarious (intentionally). I couldn't stop laughing during Statham's scene with the baby :rotfl: 

• Like 5

I loved this. It's batshit crazy and I enjoyed the hell out of it because of that. Charlize Theron was easily the MVP, with Statham a close second. Yes, they defy the laws of physics beyond belief but why would we want something else? My biggest complaint is that the family is a bunch of sociopaths. 

Great fun. Second best in the series after 5. 

Theron had better be back.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 10:30 PM, 4815162342 said:

How the film handled Elena and her kid was by far the worst part of the movie. A cheap and ugly way for the film to get out of the character tangle it created.

Yeah Elena definitely did not deserve that. I appreciate the "Dom, you have an unknown son" subplot, but that was a sour way to handle it.

• Like 1