Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Incredible, is it still 1/3 of foreign gross that goes to Universal or is it more? 

China is 25%. The rest is around 40%

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

The domestic performance was an anomaly you mean right? Appears OS is as strong as ever for this series. 

Of course. The overseas numbers assure that this franchise will continue on and on, even if the domestic grosses start dropping (which is likely until they officially decide to end the series for real).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hold your horses on that one. American Sniper has something to say about that

Really not a surprise that conservative Americans flocked to a war film that put a real life (later exposed) soldier on a pedestal.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Of course. The overseas numbers assure that this franchise will continue on and on, even if the domestic grosses start dropping (which is likely until they officially decide to end the series for real).

The fact that these movies could be raking in 1bn OS would be enough to just ignore DOM, honestly. 

• Like 3

Just now, PDC1987 said:

Really not a surprise that conservative Americans flocked to a war film that put a real life (later exposed) soldier on a pedestal.

Yeah okay dude.

I don't think my jaw will ever hot the floor again because of box office the way it did when I saw the American Sniper Friday numbers

• Like 6

So a live cam of F8 showed up in my YouTube recommendations. I clicked it just to see if it was legit and there was over 31,500 people watching. It boggles my mind that many people would watch some shitty low quality cam rather than watch it in theaters. 

• Like 1

Checked the numbers and noticed GITS really fell off the Earth.

With those drops I feel like it had less to do with whitewashing and more about GITS being appealing strictly to fans. 

Having another 67% drop in week 3, doesn't look like it was able to capture many casual viewers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, even heading into that weekend, nothing indicated that American Sniper would overperform as massively as it did. Definitely the surprise of the decade.

AS had big names attached, GO did not.