Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

12 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I love The Rock's beard in the Furious franchise btw. He should sport it more often. I also kinda wish he grew his hair back, but than @MrPink would probably feel even worse about himself.

No fair, bingo inhibiting me from responding!

• Like 2

On 4/11/2017 at 11:03 PM, grim22 said:

F8 sellout count

6 sellouts/323 showtimes.

This is pretty bad compared to F7, the count above by Tele was before the showtime escalation on Tuesday. Final Furious 7 count was FURIOUS 7 had 55 sellouts / 471 showtime

I would venture a guess that Furious 7 had 400+ showtimes on Tuesday. Probably looking at a 10-12M previews as things stand.

Socal Final count

12 sellouts / 335 showtimes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Socal Final count

12 sellouts / 335 showtimes

To be slightly more fair to F8, I think my final count was closer to late afternoon/early evening, and with walkups that probably means another batch of sellouts. Still, it obviously won't get close to what F7 did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

No derailing? This is gonna be a boring weekend thread.

You don't need derailments for a good weekend thread. Especially derailments which have nothing to even do with movies.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So are we looking at a domestic crash compared to Furious 7?

Seems like we're set for a 20-25% drop from Furious 7 looking at other countries.

• Like 4

I think it was obvious F8 was going to make less than F7. F7 will always be the peak of this franchise. Paul Walker's death had a pretty decent impact on the box office of F7. Regardless F8 is going to make bank...it just won't be as big as F7 was which folks should have seen coming imo 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So are we looking at a domestic crash compared to Furious 7?

Not a crash so much as coming back down to normal levels (especially after the last movie was sold as if it were the finale). Furious 7's performance was most likely the series reaching its maximum potential.

• Like 2