Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

3 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

It may even be close to profit already. (25% of, say, 160m (prod budget + domestic marketing) is around 45m).

Estimates for Lionsgate's P&A budget for Power Rangers are all over the place, but one was as low as $30M. Considering it only needed to advertise in the US and UK, that's not an entirely unfeasible number. If so, then depending on how US-heavy that number is, Lionsgate's day-of-release negative cost could be as little as $32.5M. In that case, not only is it already profitable, but as of Saturday it has already made a 10% return. LG is probably going to be satisfied with the investment, whether they're able to make a sequel or not.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

Depends on what markets SW8 opens to in the fist weekend. With China it could open to 550 WW.

225 Dom + 75 China + 250 OS-China = 550 WW

-225 OW is down 9-10% from SW7's 248 (even if the final Dom ends up falling by a bigger %, the OW % fall might not be big).

-China OW was 50 for SW7. An increase is likely.

-OS-China OW was 288 for SW7. So 250 (-14% from 288) is possible for SW8.

46 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Why on earth would ep 8 increase from ep 7?

40 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

agree, extremely unlikely except for china

I also have it increasing only in China. That so obvious in my post.

22 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I imagine a movie Independence Day 2016 likely make a lot of money on TV revenues.

I noticed Tv love to play Disaster movies a lot ! 

Disaster and disastrous movies alike, it seemed. Caught Fan4stic last night in local channel... Wow is that thing terrible

Edited by Captain H

3 hours ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

The St.Louis Blues really are the one's to beat right now.. Like em or not they're on a roll..

I told you...once they fired fat ass they became one of the best teams in the league.  I have no idea why Hitchcock is hired anywhere.  He's cancer.  You watch, he'll ruin Dallas even more than they already are.  

I'd love to see the Blues make the conference finals against Edmonton.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:
Born in China
Documentary
Buena Vista 1,500
Free Fire
Action Comedy
A24 Wide
Phoenix Forgotten
Sci-Fi Horror
Cinelou Films 1,500
The Promise (2017)
Drama
Open Road Films 2,000
Unforgettable (2017)
Thriller
Warner Bros.

2,350+

Unforgettable is the only one that will make more than $10M next weekend and even that's not a guarantee. I doubt Free Fire will even get 1K theaters.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Unforgettable is the only one that will make more than $10M next weekend and even that's not a guarantee. I doubt Free Fire will even get 1K theaters.

It's going wide.....I know that could mean as little as 800, but I think it gets at least 1500.

3 hours ago, RiffRanger said:

Unforgettable seem highly forgettable (I guarantee every review will say that...) mostly because it seems like a movie that's already been made a hundred times.  

But it'll do well.  You can say that about a lot of films.

The ad push for Unforgettable hasn't been aggressive enough for it to hit more than low double digits. Movie feels like a Screen Gems release that somehow ended up at Warner Bros.

Although it would be nice if it did well just for Katherine Heigl's sake, especially coming off of a TV show that got pulled after just two episodes. Yeesh.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The ad push for Unforgettable hasn't been aggressive enough for it to hit more than low double digits. Movie feels like a Screen Gems release that somehow ended up at Warner Bros.

Although it would be nice if it did well just for Katherine Heigl's sake, especially coming off of a TV show that got pulled after just two episodes. Yeesh.

Exactly.  It feels like those movies aimed at black audiences we get every September that are just remakes of Fatal Attraction.

I read 700 theaters for Free Fire a couple of weeks ago.  That could have changed. 

Even then it would be the 2nd wide o/w release for A24.  The Witch is the only one with 2046 theaters. The current second biggest is Tusk with 600, the third is Dark Places with 151.   They've only had 6 films that even eventually went 800+ theaters.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/studio/chart/?yr=&view=company&view2=allmovies&studio=a24.htm&sort=opentheaters&order=DESC&p=.htm

Edited by TalismanRing

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Free Fire is going to bomb unfortunately, it did less than £500k on OW here, and disappeared quickly thereafter. Shame at it was great. 

A24 is giving it a zero marketing push so I doubt it was gonna do much this weekend. In fact, I'm confident The Lost City of Z will make more.