lilmac

HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY STAR WARS!

Star Wars is now 40 years old. Wow.

In 1977 Star Wars: ANH ignited a franchise for the ages and one that shaped millions of childhoods. Many of today's very best storytellers owe their inspiration in part to George Lucas and his space opera. Star Wars is interwoven in my psyche, soul, id, and personality. No other film or franchise has had that effect on me. To think, I fell in love with Star Wars by reading the book adaptation of Return of the Jedi in the mid-80s and not even knowing at the time that these were films! When I finally discovered Star Wars it had a tremendous impact and I know this applies to millions of others.

A toast to Star Wars. May you have 40 more years of having a special place in our hearts.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lilmac said:

Star Wars is now 40 years old. Wow.

In 1977 Star Wars: ANH ignited a franchise for the ages and one that shaped millions of childhoods. Many of today's very best storytellers owe their inspiration in part to George Lucas and his space opera. Star Wars is interwoven in my psyche, soul, id, and personality. No other film or franchise has had that effect on me. To think, I fell in love with Star Wars by reading the book adaptation of Return of the Jedi in the mid-80s and not even knowing at the time that these were films! When I finally discovered Star Wars it had a tremendous impact and I know this applies to millions of others.

A toast to Star Wars. May you have 40 more years of having a special place in our hearts.

I could literally write an essay about the franchise and how it's affected me, but I"m at work so I'll keep it short.

Thanks to George Lucas, John Williams, the actors and the people that made the films.  I was around during the originals and they were so amazing, awe inspiring and much more that yes even 40 years later I love to watch and talk about them.  I have the original toys still and so much memorabilia that it's crazy.

So a big Happy Birthday to Star Wars :D 

Today is a sad day for Star Wars lovers.

For the first time in the last 40 years, Star Wars is outside the top 10 in USA

I don´t think any movie will achieve this again, being 40!!!!!! years between top 10 earners....

• Like 1