baumer

A Look at The Biggest Box Office Stories from 1972-present (THABOS: The History of Amazing Box Office Stories) | IT'S FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, BOOYAH SUCKAS said:

What kinds of films are acceptable to request then? One's that made over 100m but didnt appear in the top 10?

You can request any film..... my brain cramp is that I thought for some reason Zoolander came out in 1999 and you are requesting me to go back into 1999 and cover Zoolander. Like I said it was a momentary brain cramp. I apologize for that.

Coming up tonight....Marisa and Mel, ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!! Julia Roberts sucking dick to get people to agree to a lawsuit....Marky Mark and Cal Naughton Jr. go fishing with Danny Ocean on the Andrea Gale.

• Like 2

Finally caught up wow great work @Stutterng baumer Denbrough ! Have you considered turning this thread into a coffee table book? I know I would buy a copy and I bet I'm not alone! Just wanted to add to There's Something About Mary "hair gel" joke. Kevin Smith said he had something similar planned for Mallrats but the studio said that American wasn't ready for that joke and he agreed and took it out.  He mentioned he saw the poster for TSAM and being shocked that they were using that joke in their marketing material.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the very kind words but no I don't think I could turn this into a book of any sort that anyone would buy. First of all some of the information in here is taken from places like Wikipedia or Internet Movie Database and I also quote some people's words in books and so on. So I don't know what the copyright laws would be for stuff like that. But once again thanks for even mentioning that. It's very flattering and at least shows that the time and effort that I put into it is enjoyed so that's basically all the reward I need from it.

32 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Thank you for the very kind words but no I don't think I could turn this into a book of any sort that anyone would buy. First of all some of the information in here is taken from places like Wikipedia or Internet Movie Database and I also quote some people's words in books and so on. So I don't know what the copyright laws would be for stuff like that. But once again thanks for even mentioning that. It's very flattering and at least shows that the time and effort that I put into it is enjoyed so that's basically all the reward I need from it.

You do an amazing job I look forward to each year! Love the trip down memory lane, reminiscing about the first time I saw each film whether it was by rental , VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray (I was late to the game for a bunch of the movies mentioned) and where I was.  It's like when a song comes on and you get taken back to a certain place and time , this is like that for me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tauren Warlock said:

Are you going to write about Christopher's Nolan break out film Memento? This movie led to the creation of Nolanites.

What year was Memento?

On 8/13/2017 at 8:44 AM, filmlover said:

The Blair Witch Project is really the only time you could attribute a movie's entire success to the Internet. Various other attempts at trying to build hype via exclusively the World Wide Web (namely, Snakes on a Plane) have fallen completely flat over the years.

The Blair Witch Project is definitely a film that could open be successful in 1999 or the early 2000's. Back when "misleading / mystery marketing" actually meant something. 

1999 was a pretty great year for me. I still remember the massive hype for The Phantom Menace, and it reminds one of my favorite cinema experiences, despite the films "quality" shall we say. Toy Story 2 was another good one, and of course I have fond memories of seeing Tarzan in the cinemas. Disney last really successful 2D animated film too. I was still a kid though, so something like The Matrix was off limits for me however.

On 8/14/2017 at 10:35 AM, Kalo said:

I actaully quite liked Stuart Little. 

Stuart Little I actually saw in the cinemas, so if anything it's a nostalgic favorite for me.

• Like 1