Ezen Baklattan

SUR(IV)OR: Episode 6 - Love is in the Err

14 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

:ph34r: That didn't look like sympathies.

The difference between murder and euthanasia is the point of view of the person with the pillow, right? That's why they call it "putting someone to sleep", or at least so Mom said when I asked what happened to Sparky.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wrath said:

But in all seriousness, it is sad to see you go. Its been a fun competition so far, and you were a worthy and entertaining opponent.

Proof to never bet on a movie while riding a high. 

I had a lot of fun, and wishing everyone best of luck.

Except Arlborn. :P

Ok, you too Arlborn

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Proof to never bet on a movie while riding a high. 

I had a lot of fun, and wishing everyone best of luck.

Except Arlborn. :P

Ok, you too Arlborn

:kitschjob:

It's okay, I don't need luck, I'm too good for that.  :shades:

90% weekend incoming in your honor!

• Like 1

I really apologize to my team if I'm a little of for yo game this week.  Just had the worst day ever with the worst teenage drama that's Ever hppended to me so far and I'm actually in so much shit with so many people apparently I'm really sorry team.

• Like 7

Ouch. Sorry, man. That sucks. Just because its "teen drama" doesn't make it any less horrible. The good news is that life really does get better once you're no longer a teenager.

In part its because you've got WAY more autonomy (among other things, if someone is causing you trouble it gets a LOT easier to avoid them. Plus, obviously, having more of your own money and getting to decide on things more firmly for yourself. I hate mushrooms, I haven't eaten one in 10 years and no one can make me eat one.), but also you get a lot of clarity on things like "Who AM I? What do I love/hate? What makes me tick?" which seems trivial, but ends up being huge. Not only does it save you a ton of emotional energy in second-guessing yourself, but also you stop doing things like going to see a music group you don't really like with people who don't make you feel good about yourself, because you aren't really confident in who you are and who you want to be and how that all relates to what you want to do and who you want to spent time with. It ends up being a huge win.

To be clear, its a gradual process rather than an overnight kinda thing, and you'll still second guess yourself and agonize over existential angst and whatnot. But in time you'll realize that while you're still doing it, and it FEELS like you're doing it a lot, you're actually doing it like 10% as much as you did when you were a teenage and it was pretty much all you did.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Can I just take a moment to say:

What the hell are all these films coming out this weekend?

Yeah, seriously. This weekend is prediction hell. Even BO.com kinda threw in the towel.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Fuck I'm at school rn and everyone is looking at me as I go past and I know they're talking about me.

Like, it's not even a big deal what happened :(

What happened? Do you want to talk?

22 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Can I just take a moment to say:

What the hell are all these films coming out this weekend?

Free Fire looks cool.

If The Promise hadn't tanked in reviews I'd probably see it in theaters.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wrath said:

Ouch. Sorry, man. That sucks. Just because its "teen drama" doesn't make it any less horrible. The good news is that life really does get better once you're no longer a teenager.

In part its because you've got WAY more autonomy (among other things, if someone is causing you trouble it gets a LOT easier to avoid them. Plus, obviously, having more of your own money and getting to decide on things more firmly for yourself. I hate mushrooms, I haven't eaten one in 10 years and no one can make me eat one.), but also you get a lot of clarity on things like "Who AM I? What do I love/hate? What makes me tick?" which seems trivial, but ends up being huge. Not only does it save you a ton of emotional energy in second-guessing yourself, but also you stop doing things like going to see a music group you don't really like with people who don't make you feel good about yourself, because you aren't really confident in who you are and who you want to be and how that all relates to what you want to do and who you want to spent time with. It ends up being a huge win.

To be clear, its a gradual process rather than an overnight kinda thing, and you'll still second guess yourself and agonize over existential angst and whatnot. But in time you'll realize that while you're still doing it, and it FEELS like you're doing it a lot, you're actually doing it like 10% as much as you did when you were a teenage and it was pretty much all you did.

As a high school senior, I thank you for this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

I just got an 83% in my first synthesis essay!! If I can do that, a few hard-to-predict films won't stand in my way! :D

Nah, 83% for this weekend's predictions is a pipe dream I'm afraid.

I think Spaghetti could extend the deadline to Saturday afternoon and I'd still screw about 5 questions up. 

• Like 3