chasmmi

Chasmmi's top 250 films of all time - Because I honestly had this idea at the same time and it's not a Ripoff - :)

130th - Men in Black 2 

Image result for men in Black 2

I still argue that the total WTFs are getting fewer and further between :)

I have said before that I am a big Will Smith fan and as such am a big fan of this franchise, and while this is a step down from film number one, it is still something I had a lot of fun watching. It's a film series I have a weakness for and thus will likely be watching and enjoying these films for as long as they will make them, (which may be already over, but still...) 

• Like 1

129th - Eddie the Eagle

Related image

One of the best films that nobody saw last year. 

Egerton and Jackman are great in this. the story is inspiring and the execution is done with both love and respect. It is a great film that really makes you love and root for the unlikely hero and his heroic success at an Olympics nobody wanted him to be at. 

Please can some people go out and watch this film now? 

• Like 2

128th - Zootopia 

Image result for zootopia

The second best Disney film of 2016 was still a damn good Disney film.

Zootopia was a great surprise when it turned out to be a great and surprisingly serious story revolving around a talking fox and rabbit. This film is funny in places, a nice change from the usual romance/some form of love dynamic of Disney's usual wheelhouse and scenes like the press conference were truly amazing to watch coming out of the mouths of Disney talking animals. 

• Like 5

127th - Wall E

Image result for wall e

The opening 30 minutes is some of the best animation ever, the next 60 is still pretty good though. 

Wall E was part of a mini wave of Pixar films that were strong films, but that also contained 10-30 minutes of total all time greatness within them. Wall E's opening is part of that. Seeing his world, his relationship on land with Eve and everything pre-spaceship was just beautiful. 

If the 2nd and 3rd acts had been stronger, this could have gone so high, I can't even imagine. But I also think that such a hope was also an impossibly high standard to set for a film after that opening.

In the end, we still got a fun story that resolved itself in a nice way with that great Pixar style.  

• Like 3

126th - Miss Pereguine's School for Peculiar Children

Related image

This is one of those films that I know nobody will ever be as high on as me. 

But still, for me this was a great and overdue return to form for Tim Burton. I loved the universe that was created by this film, I love the performances in this film, and I really really hope that there will be a sequel, but I have made my peace that there will not be. 

Yeah, I was a big fan of Tim Burton's X men 

• Like 4

On 22/05/2017 at 0:36 PM, chasmmi said:

127th - Wall E

Image result for wall e

The opening 30 minutes is some of the best animation ever, the next 60 is still pretty good though. 

Wall E was part of a mini wave of Pixar films that were strong films, but that also contained 10-30 minutes of total all time greatness within them. Wall E's opening is part of that. Seeing his world, his relationship on land with Eve and everything pre-spaceship was just beautiful. 

If the 2nd and 3rd acts had been stronger, this could have gone so high, I can't even imagine. But I also think that such a hope was also an impossibly high standard to set for a film after that opening.

In the end, we still got a fun story that resolved itself in a nice way with that great Pixar style.  

Sorry...can't like this post.  FTSLRF (fuck that stupid little robot fucker)

• Like 1

125th - Tangled

tangled에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The film that got me back on the Disney is great train after years in the wilderness. 

This film was really a surprising turn up for me. This could have easily been a standard princess film affair and it successfully became something different. The film is funny, has good songs and a strong story that really does a good job of avoiding all the typical pitfalls that I dislike in these type of stories. 

It has infinite rewatchability and should be talked about more than it is, when the conversation of modern Disney classics arises.

• Like 3

124th - Cool Runnings

Cool Runnings에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The best Winter Olympics film of all time, but only just. 

This is always so much fun to watch. It is a great feel good comedy with characters you can really route for and  a story that you can't help but respect and admire (even if it is unrecognisable from real events). John Candy is always good in roles like this and the whole cast has great chemistry. 

I love films like this, and wish there were more of them made today. Go Jamaica! 

• Like 2

123rd - How To Train Your Dragon

how to train your dragon에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Another case of classic Dreamworks doing its best to make a film look as bad as possible in its advertisements. 

It took me about 4 years to watch this after release. It just looked like a childish film with a stupid name, made to cash in on 3D. I was not interested. Then I finally saw it, and yet again Dreamworks shows that when it really tries, it is still a powerhouse storyteller in the animation world. This is a lovely 'boy and his dog' story that has great messages regarding trust, family, disability amongst other things.

It is an uplifting and great film, that also has its harder to watch moments, but it never stops being great. Not bad for your third best franchise. 

• Like 3

122nd - Everything Must Go

everything must go에 대한 이미지 검색결과

One of the best portrayals of alcoholism that you will ever see.

I put on this film one night expecting a stupid Will Ferrell vehicle. What I got was a film that genuinely broke me. Ferrell plays this completely straight and it is hard to watch at times, as he just nails the persona of a loser addict. He's not broken, he isn't violent, or fighting demons, he is just a weak minded guy that finds life easier to deal with when he is drunk and does not have to think. To hell with the consequences. 

This is one of the most personal films I have on this list, and one of the films that resonates with me more than most films I have ever seen. It really deserves an audience, and if one person tries it out after this list, I feel I will not have wasted my time here. 

• Like 2

121st - Twelve Monkeys

Twelve Monkeys에 대한 이미지 검색결과

One of the best time travel films ever, (well top 8 or so at least).

12 Monkeys is awesome. Willis is on top form. The story is both complicated as fuck and still able to keep you on board with what is happening. And the twists are amazing too. Maybe not as shocking as some other Bruce Willis films, but this may be the one that works best for me.

This film will never get old. It's a timeless classic that has a cast of great actors at the top of their game owning the screen. 

• Like 4

120th  - Chasing Amy

chasing amy에 대한 이미지 검색결과

We have another Kevin Smith film, is it the last one?

This is one of my favourite Ben Affleck films (may be my favourite even, we'll see later). it has strong dialogue, a nice story and great characters. It has everything that makes me like Smith's films and is both very funny and at the same time, a just plain nice film. 

• Like 2

119th - Stargate

stargate에 대한 이미지 검색결과

Screws Wars and Trek, this is the best Sci Fi film with the word Star in it. (had the best TV series too).

Stargate is great. It is everything that a blockbuster should be. It has a silly yet fun premise. It has pretty good effects. It has a good cast and it has a good story. Stargate is a film I could watch again and again (and have) and the concept is so strong that there have been about 4500 episodes of television based on the story too. 

If you haven't seen this, I recommend doing so as it marks kind of a bridge between old style and more modern blockbusters. It's also just a great fun film. 

• Like 2

118th - Toy Story

toy story에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The first big CGI animated feature film. 

And it was a damn strong start for the genre (or subgenre). Toy Story was better than I think anybody thought it could have been seeing as it was more being pushed for its technological advances than its quality pre-release. 

I remember the build up to Toy Stories release and the articles or TV pieces about it were only focusing on the technology involved. Even with big names like Hanks at the helm, it was feeling like 3D animation was going to be in the same wheelhouse as 3D, or VR as something nice and flashy that ultimately would fail as people stopped caring and preferred things how they used to be. 

But no, Toy Story was great and began the rise of the Pixar behemoth. This is one of those rare films that turned out to be not only great, but also important too and it pretty much began the wholesale change of an industry. 

• Like 2

117th - The Book of Life

book of life에 대한 이미지 검색결과

I had to watch this three times in 4 days last month. It still didn't get old. 

Every time I watch this film it gets better to me. The story is excellent, the animation damn pretty and the use of songs is awesome, both the original and adapted material. This is a love triangle story done perfectly, there is no silly drama, no people suddenly deciding to change everything about themselves because plot, and a pay off that is everything you would want it to be. 

This is one of the most criminally overlooked animations of the past few years and the film that really gives Pixar's Coco something big to live up to (although if any studio can top this...).

Long story short, this is great.  

• Like 2

116th - Inside Out

inside out에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The most recent Pixar masterpiece. 

Inside Out was a stunning return to glory for Pixar after a couple of less than popular outings (although Brave, Cars 2 and Monsters' Uni are all miles ahead of Good Dino and Finding Dory).

Inside Out was a bold concept and could have turned out horrible in someone else's hands, but this story of the emotions going through a young girl's head is funny, engrossing, emotional and containing all the fun and wonder you expect from classic Pixar mixed with those moments that make you pretend a mosquito just flew into your eye.

It's a lovely film. 

• Like 3