chasmmi

Chasmmi's top 250 films of all time - Because I honestly had this idea at the same time and it's not a Ripoff - :)

79th - Shrek 2

shrek 2에 대한 이미지 검색결과

And exactly one position after saying there aren't many good animated sequels...

Shrek 2 took everything the original did and managed to make it better. YEs it kind of just reverses the first story, but it does it in a funny and original way. Also the introducing of Puss in Boots was amazing casting and actually brings us one of the best characters introduced late to a franchise ever.

Shame it started to go downhill from here. 

• Like 2

78th - Buried

buried에 대한 이미지 검색결과

The film that should have gotten Reynolds an Oscar Nod.

Hell depending on who was the competition that year I could even make arguments for the win. This guy spends 90 minutes in a coffin with a lighter and a phone and it's somehow one of the most engaging thrillers you will ever see. You feel every minute tick by and the panic and stress of the situation feels incredibly real. 

This film is a masterpiece and even if only @baumer agrees with me, so be it. 

• Like 1

77th - Captain America: Civil War

captain america civil war에 대한 이미지 검색결과

And what chas giveth @baumer, chas also taketh away...

Yeah, I am on the side of people that really enjoyed this latest installment. I loved Spiderman, I loved the airport scene and Antman quickly became like my favourite character in anything ever. This film is just pure entertainment in my opinion and the villain is possibly top 5 in the Marvel Universe. 

It's a great, fun film.   

• Like 2

76th - Ghostbusters 2

ghostbusters 2에 대한 이미지 검색결과

There is no top 250, there is only Zool.

Yeah, I am one of the seven people out there who liked this better than the original. The first is great, but by the second I felt the main cast's acting was a little better, the universe was more established and I preferred the villain here to Stay Puff. 

This will not be the only time, I get crucified for sequelitis.  

• Like 2

Where do I begin Chas?  Some excellent films on here.  Some not so excellent films lol.

Love that you have Rambo on here.  The 4th film is a revelation.  I didn't think he could make another fantastic Rambo, but he did.

Buried is all kinds of awesome.  Glad you liked it too.

I didn't care for The Host.

Ghostbusters 2 ahead of Ghostbusters?  Hmmmm.

National Treasure is awesome.

I'm back from vacation now so I'll have more time to read this stuff....really curious as to what your number one will be.

• Like 1

75th - The Matrix

Image result for the matrix

One of the most awesome cinema experiences I ever had.

This film was the stuff of dreams, the effects were state of the art and the whole thing just sounded so cool when you were young and didn't no any better. Reeves is so good in this role, as is Fishbourne and Weaving too. It is one of the best action films ever and I still enjoy it today. 

Shame about the sequels. 

• Like 2

74th - The Addams Family Values

Image result for addams family values

Yep another sequel I prefer to the original.

And that is mostly because as great as Gomez and Morticia are, Wednesday is where it is at and the Thanksgiving play is just so glorious. This was such a wonderful duo of films and it is just so fun to be a part of this crazy universe. 

Addams family will always be a special fun film to me. 

• Like 1

73rd - A Nightmare on Elm Street

Image result for nightmare on elm street

The original is still the best sometimes though. 

And this is my favourite pure horror film of all time. Englund nails the role so well that it is the only big horror franchise out there that I see dying with the actor. He cannot be replaced like a Jason or Myers can. 

This film is genuinely scary and original to boot. Attacking people through dreams, it's inescapable. How do you not sleep? It is an ultimate nightmare. 

• Like 1

72nd - Dil Chahta Hai

Image result for dil chahta hai

The Best Shah Rukh-free Bollywood film.

This MeloRomCom? is an entertaining story about a guy that refuses to be tied down by one woman, until he meets the woman he wants to tie him down. There is nothing original about the premise, but the actors play their roles with great passion and the songs and set pieces are really fun to watch.

The lighthearted segments are really fun to enjoy and the more dramatic parts pack their punch too. A fun accessible Bollywood film. 

• Like 1

71st - When Marnie was There

Image result for when marnie was there

The Best Ghibli animation nobody ever saw...

This is one of two Japanese animes to make me cry. The story is so sweet and wonderful. The relationship between these two girls is really beautiful and evolves so naturally that you really feel the friendship that is developing. 

It is also a film I really recommend watching twice as any emotions you feel on the first watch are just doubled in intensity when you really know what is going on. It is a masterpiece. 

• Like 3

70th - John Wick

Image result for John Wick

Because I like making @God Emperor Tele sad.

But still screw him, this is one of the best made action films ever made. It is slick, fast and frenetic from start to finish with a central premise both simple and genius. Becuase if you kill a puppy, John Wick has my permission to murder 75 of your closest friends. 

• Like 2

69th - Mystery Men

Image result for mystery men

One of the funniest films nobody saw.

Stiller in his career has really made some classic comedies in his career and this is one of his best. Such a  silly premise, it is followed through on with such style. William H Macy is awesome as the shoveler - a superhero whose power is he is good with a spade, and the boy who is invisible but only when nobody is watching is also funnier than it should be. 

It is a shame this never made sequel earning money, but it is still a lesser known gem in my eyes. 

• Like 1

68th - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Image result for catching fire

The best hunger games film.

If Hunger Games impressed me with how surprisingly good it was, this film blew me away. It took everything about the first and amped the stakes up to 100. It is a great example of pulling off doing the same, but different to the first film and it really helps to have a great lead actress in Jessica Lawrence to pull off the roll. 

And the ending, it was the perfect moment to end that film, but fuck did it really make you want to jump immediately one year into the future.  

• Like 1

67th - Dogma

Image result for dogma

Yep, this is my favourite Kevin Smith film. 

I love this film, I love the story, I love the cast, I love how over the top it is. This film has so many of my favourite people in it - Rock, Rickman, Damon, Hayek, Affleck... it goes on. This film is a big departure from the small scale films that came before, but to me it was just such a fun ride to be on and I feel all the better for watching it. 

• Like 1

66th - Hook

Image result for hook

The more the yers go by, the more i think this film is Spielberg's most underrated masterpiece. 

I mean the score is superb, the cast top notch, and the set pieces... This felt like a live action Peter Pan film and we have seen recently how hard that can be to pull off. Williams was born to be middle aged Peter Pan, he pulls off this role effortlessly and the transformation into Pan is so fun to be on the ride for. 

Like Pete's Dragon, this is a wonderful pure family film and really is Spielberg at almost his best behind the camera. The more I watch it, the more I get baffled by the hate that it receives. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

66th - Hook

Image result for hook

The more the yers go by, the more i think this film is Spielberg's most underrated masterpiece. 

I mean the score is superb, the cast top notch, and the set pieces... This felt like a live action Peter Pan film and we have seen recently how hard that can be to pull off. Williams was born to be middle aged Peter Pan, he pulls off this role effortlessly and the transformation into Pan is so fun to be on the ride for. 

Like Pete's Dragon, this is a wonderful pure family film and really is Spielberg at almost his best behind the camera. The more I watch it, the more I get baffled by the hate that it receives. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:sarah: 

• Like 1

65th - The Little Mermaid

Image result for little mermaid

Two years ago, this would have been about 100 places lowers, then I had to watch it 4 times in 3 days. 

... and realised it is bloody great. The songs are wonderful, the animation is brilliant for a time when it was clear the budget was not the highest. This is one of the films that saved Disney and allowed the Renaissance to destroy all comers for the next few years. 

It just goes to show that whenever Disney needs a boost, just call in Mr Andersson. 

• Like 1

64th - Team America: World Police

Image result for team america

One of the best soundtracks and the best monologues in cinema.

This was an R Rated puppet film complete with puppet sex that kind of did Sausage Party, 15 years before Sausage party and much better in its own way. Parker and Stone are geniuses in my opinion and almost everything they touch becomes gold. 

This was just another example of that. 

• Like 3