chasmmi

Chasmmi's top 250 films of all time - Because I honestly had this idea at the same time and it's not a Ripoff - :)

63rd - Die Hard

Image result for Die hard

Does this one need explaining. 

The film that created a sub-genre. The film that turned the silly guy from Moonlighting into an action star. And the film that gave us one of the most badass lines in cinema. Die Hard did all this and more. Hell it introduced Hollywood to Alan Rickman!

Such a great cast, in a great film and its hard to think if this style of film could have been made any better than we saw here. 

• Like 2

62nd - My Sassy Girl (Korean)

God I love this film. A Korean romantic comedy about a guy who meets a girl who is well.. a little quirky :)

Just remembering the scene above, just makes me laugh. It was the debut of Jun Ji Hyun (who tried her hand in holiday with some vampire film that did not do well Was it called the Last vampire?).

This film actually got remade with Elisha Cuthbert and Jesse something and it was actually a pretty damn solid remake that sadly when straight to video because the production company went bust and couldn't fund a cinematic release. 

I highly recommend this as a silly fun film that is a little different from the violent craziness of the more famous Korean films in the West.

• Like 2

61st - Trading Places

Image result for trading places

I think this is Ackroyd's funniest role, and its pretty up there for Murphy too. 

This is pure 80s wonderfulness and it is glorious. Two great Comedians at the top of their game, with electric chemistry and a script that allows them to run riot with the concept. It is an all time great comedy that you feel it is only a matter of time before it gets remade in some way or form. 

If you haven't seen this then see it. 

• Like 2

60th Mike Bassett: England Manager

Image result for mike bassett

The funniest sports film ever. 

If you even slightly like football this is a masterpiece comedy about a low league manager finding himself given the England job and trying to avoid embarrassing himself at the world cup. It's done in a BBC documentary style and is genuinely a laugh a minute ride that probably only @SchumacherFTW has ever seen. 

• Like 3

59th - Alien

Image result for alien

What's this? An actual cinematic classic?

Yep, there are times when I actually follow the herd and like what I am supposed to like and Alien is one of those those times. This is my second favourite Ridley Scott film and also a top 3 Sigourney Weaver film. 

What a film.

• Like 3

58th - The Land Before Time

Image result for the land before time

My favourite Don Bluth film and my favourite Dinosaur animated film. 

I must have watched this thing about 326 times before I turned 11 years old. Such a wonderful story of kids trying to find their way in a dangerous and changing world. the is triumph, disaster, despair and joy in equal measures throughout this film and while the series possibly lost its way by installment 26, it still has this original classic to love. 

• Like 2

57th - The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Image result for hunchback of notre dame

One of the many 90s and early 200s Disney animations I never saw until 2013/2014. This was one of the best 3.

It also boasts the best song in all of Disney with HEllfire and one of its very best villains. This is a film that I couldn't believe Disney actually made and I'm gutted it didn't get the success that it deserved. One of my very top Disney animations (I think I place it 7th), it's a wonderful work of animation.   

• Like 3

56th - Kubo and the two Strings

Image result for kubo and the two strings

From one of my most disliked animations in years in Boxtrolls, came this true masterpiece of animation. 

Whenever I have watched Stop Motion in a film, I have genreally found it cute, or quaint, but at the end of the day, an inferior way of making films compared to drawing or CGI. Kubo was the first time I watch a Stop-Motion film and was genuinely impressed with how amazing it looked. The world is stunning, the set pieces glorious, and the story is also pretty gosh darn wonderful. 

I'm a big animated fan and this out of nowhere, became one of my favourite animations ever. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

60th Mike Bassett: England Manager

Image result for mike bassett

The funniest sports film ever. 

If you even slightly like football this is a masterpiece comedy about a low league manager finding himself given the England job and trying to avoid embarrassing himself at the world cup. It's done in a BBC documentary style and is genuinely a laugh a minute ride that probably only @SchumacherFTW has ever seen. 

This needs a blu-ray release already, it's genius! 

• Like 1

55th - X Men 2

Image result for x men 2

One of the best Superhero sequels out there. 

This film did everything that the first film did well and made it better. A great sequel in every sense of the word and still to this day one of my very top superhero films. It really is a shame that it went so wrong with the third as (like with so many franchises), this was one film away from making one hell of a trilogy. 

• Like 3

54th - Logan

Image result for logan

And then, a film comes along and blows you  away, when all you were hoping for was fine.

If this turns out to be Logan's final outing on film. It is a darn great way to go. Not gonna say anymore in case I spoil a still relatively new film. 

• Like 4

53rd - Groundhog Day

Image result for groundhog day

One of the best comedies ever.

This is such a great film and Murray is so good in the role. To essentially repeat the same few scenes over and over and not have them be dull, really took some great writing on behalf of the filmakers and gave us a film that i could probably watch every day and never be bored with it. 

A stone cold classic

• Like 2

52nd - Rocky Balboa

Image result for rocky balboa

@baumer may be the only person out there with a chance of agreeing with me, but Rocky 6 is somehow one of the best films of all time. 

How that happens, nobody will ever know, but this film has heart, passion, actors that give a damn and one of the best monologues in film. It is a wonderful return to form from a dead franchise and star. The film that is probably responsible for Creed, The expendables and Sly being in GOTG2. It's just... well it is the film Rocky 5 should have been. 

• Like 2

51st - Rocky Balboa

Image result for the kings speech

And from a film with a great speech to a film all about speech.

This is one of my favourite biopics out there. The story is told so well with an amazing leading and supporting performance that I agree it deserved all of the Oscars that year. I was not around the forums when this was out to know the general consensus here, but to me, it's a great drama about a strangely important part of World War 2.

• Like 2

50th - The Martian

Image result for the martian

The best ever film about potato farming.

This was my favourite film of 2015, I loved every minute of it and was so happy to see Ridley Scott return to form with one of his best ever films. This film is so well shot that it feels like it was based on a true story. The science felt real, the dealing with the problem felt real and just overall the whole film felt like something that could actually happen. 

It's a masterpiece. 

• Like 2

49th - Moana

Image result for moana

My favourite Disney animation of 2016.

Yeah I really liked this a lot. I thought the songs were great, the animation beautiful and the characters fun and engaging. It continues and maybe even heightens the great role Disney has been on the past 5 years or so. 

• Like 1

48th - Oldboy (Korean)

Image result for oldboy

Often the Korean film that people who don't know Korean films have seen.

This is an awesome film and it deserves its plaudits. It may not be my favourite Korean film, or even my favourite Park Chan Wook film, but it is still a damn masterpiece and something that any film fan should watch before they die. 

• Like 3