Automatically embedding has been temporarily turned off until the Twitter bug has been fixed. This will only affect new posts made. Once the issue has been fixed, automatic embedding will return. It is possible to manually embed content I believe. If you quote a post with an embedded tweet, please delete the tweet.

Welcome to The Box Office Theory — Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

714 posts in this topic

Most exciting weekend of the year right here bro.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most exciting weekend of the year right here bro.

Is what we might say if this was the weekend Last Jedi was coming out. Or maybe GotG 2. Or Spider-Man or Thor: Ragnarok or Furious 8 or Wonder Woman or, heck, even like Despicable Me 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean or like 20 other at least arguably interesting openers.

But its not.

Just now, Wrath said:

Is what we might say if this was the weekend Last Jedi was coming out. Or maybe GotG 2. Or Spider-Man or Thor: Ragnarok or Furious 8 or Wonder Woman or, heck, even like Despicable Me 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean or like 20 other at least arguably interesting openers.

But its not.

Image result for that's the joke

8 people like this

Overall, it’s expected to be a ho-hum box office weekend and likely down from a year ago when The Huntsman: Winter’s War opened all to itself and grabbed $19.5M.

We've come to the point where Huntsman: Winter's War is viewed in a positive light.  SAD.

2 people like this

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Image result for that's the joke

I know.

With a weekend like this, I figured we all needed to pitch in and help.

I'm thinking I should start a huge flamewar with someone just to get this thread to page 3.

11 people like this

Just now, Wrath said:

I'm thinking I should start a huge flamewar with someone just to get this thread to page 3.

The inventor of the Unicorn Frappuccino.

1 person likes this

Rth could still come in with numbers and get 100000 likes

7 people like this

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The inventor of the Unicorn Frappuccino.

That rainbow-hued fake-coffee-drinking bastard said WHAT about my mom!?!?!

Oh, it is ON!

Edited by Wrath

F8 did 4.5 Thu. If it follows FSS % of F7 in the 2nd weekend it will do 32.5 (-67%).

65% drop for 35 is the best case scenario it seems, but for that it will need a 140-145% Fri bump opposed to F7's 130%.

Edited by a2knet

Add Snapchat to the list of social media for movie marketing. Just saw a quick "Split now on Bluray" ad on there after watching someones snap.

My guess is this weekend will have fewer than 20 pages

Edited by franfar

4 minutes ago, franfar said:

#Notanevent

1 person likes this

Amazing number for Promise!  :redcapes:

*this thread will not get to 20 pages*

Not if I can help it, I just start posting random shit to up the page count. But then my like ratio would suck :sadben: 

2 people like this

33 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Add Snapchat to the list of social media for movie marketing. Just saw a quick "Split now on Bluray" ad on there after watching someones snap.

Did Snapchat read my posts on here? :kitschjob: 

1 person likes this

Saw Unforgettable today. Eh. Falls into that trap where it tries to serve up both drama and trashy thrills and the result is like two different movies neither of which accomplishes much. Should have either kept working on the script until it became legitimate dramatic material (the seeds are definitely there) or gone straight for the glorious delirium of The Boy Next Door, alas the end result is neither here nor there. 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, franfar said:

If Fate of Frious drops more than 65% domestic and more than 70% in China ( like some are predicting ), there will be enough meltdowns for 40 pages, at least. ;)

1 person likes this