Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most exciting weekend of the year right here bro.

Is what we might say if this was the weekend Last Jedi was coming out. Or maybe GotG 2. Or Spider-Man or Thor: Ragnarok or Furious 8 or Wonder Woman or, heck, even like Despicable Me 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean or like 20 other at least arguably interesting openers.

But its not.

• Like 1

Just now, Wrath said:

Is what we might say if this was the weekend Last Jedi was coming out. Or maybe GotG 2. Or Spider-Man or Thor: Ragnarok or Furious 8 or Wonder Woman or, heck, even like Despicable Me 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean or like 20 other at least arguably interesting openers.

But its not.

Image result for that's the joke

• Like 9

Overall, it’s expected to be a ho-hum box office weekend and likely down from a year ago when The Huntsman: Winter’s War opened all to itself and grabbed $19.5M.

We've come to the point where Huntsman: Winter's War is viewed in a positive light.  SAD.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Image result for that's the joke

I know.

With a weekend like this, I figured we all needed to pitch in and help.

I'm thinking I should start a huge flamewar with someone just to get this thread to page 3.

• Like 12

39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The inventor of the Unicorn Frappuccino.

That rainbow-hued fake-coffee-drinking bastard said WHAT about my mom!?!?!

Oh, it is ON!

Edited by Wrath

F8 did 4.5 Thu. If it follows FSS % of F7 in the 2nd weekend it will do 32.5 (-67%).

65% drop for 35 is the best case scenario it seems, but for that it will need a 140-145% Fri bump opposed to F7's 130%.

Edited by a2knet

Saw Unforgettable today. Eh. Falls into that trap where it tries to serve up both drama and trashy thrills and the result is like two different movies neither of which accomplishes much. Should have either kept working on the script until it became legitimate dramatic material (the seeds are definitely there) or gone straight for the glorious delirium of The Boy Next Door, alas the end result is neither here nor there. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, franfar said:

My guess is this weekend will have fewer than 20 pages

If Fate of Frious drops more than 65% domestic and more than 70% in China ( like some are predicting ), there will be enough meltdowns for 40 pages, at least. ;)

• Like 1