Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

24 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I wonder if we'll see another Tangled in how long it takes Disney to drag over a milestone. 

It's big enough a milestone to do a Tangled but I think post the usual dollar bump it should be in high 490s anyway (my previous calcs are a bit conservative) so the push might not need to be very big.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jandrew said:

I remember that. There were $140-150m predicts thrown all over BOM. To be fair, it looked like a good bet back then, but even that should teach us a lesson. Guardians 2 should be better than IM2, but that doesn't matter for OW. I'm not as hyped as I should be for G2, but I know it'll still do rounds. But really, going from $94m to $150m+ on OW? That's just too high for my confidence.

Haha well I guess get ready to be surprised? Even $175M wouldn't surprise me at all. The movie is going to open huge. $150M shouldn't be hard and I think is the floor for OW. 

I have no idea what the OW of the at-the-time-unknown Guardians 1 has anything to do with anything though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Haha well I guess get ready to be surprised? Even $175M wouldn't surprise me at all. The movie is going to open huge. $150M shouldn't be hard and I think is the floor for OW. 

I have no idea what the OW of the at-the-time-unknown Guardians 1 has anything to do with anything though. 

Lol

• Like 1