Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Funnily enough, Willis has a specific vision with Die Hard,

That relative i think, he certainly is strict about what he does not want to do but i'm not sure how much he has a vision of what he want, all Die Hard movies were script for completely different projects that they took and put the die hard characters in them. (except for the last one, the first attempt at an original die hard movie).

Die Hard 4 for example was a studio project called WW3.com that was in a super long development hell because 9/11 made terrorist a touchy subject that was adapted into a Die Hard movie franchise.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/die-hard/21313/the-strange-history-of-the-die-hard-movies

• Like 1

Arnold is actually building up a pretty good filmography in Direct to VOD movies now. Playing very different characters which go completely against type and he looks to be enjoying himself as well minus the expectations of box office.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and then he simply didn't take any advantage of that good will, what gives?

Has good as it was (better than the Nice Guys imo, and is Black favorite movie he ever made according to him in a interview) it did flop completely box office wise.

Willis' case recently is so weird because he had such a great unexpected one-two punch of Moonrise Kingdom and Looper in 2012 - and was totally engaged with the material in both - and then completely tapped out all over again. I don't get it.

And after had a chance to a nice other 1-2 punch of a nice broadway show + a Woody Allen movie,

Blew it completely.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

I'll never forget the thick irony of Heigl lambasting Judd Apatow over the sexism in Knocked Up - a movie that, yes, leaned rather heavily on the stereotype of women as the responsibility figures who have to take care of man-children - only to then go on to star in and executive produce The Ugly Truth, which reveled in gender stereotypes about a thousand times worse than anything in an Apatow flick.

Its really amusing to me that ended up being the peak of her career. She's by far one of the worst parts of that movie. 

52 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Michael Douglas pulled Val aside one day and said "Do you want a career like Eric Roberts or Mickey Rourke? Well that is where you are going if you don't shape up". Lol

He's long gone at this point. His peak if you think about it is 20 years old lol. 

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Arnold is actually building up a pretty good filmography in Direct to VOD movies now. Playing very different characters which go completely against type and he looks to be enjoying himself as well minus the expectations of box office.

He turned down Predator 3 because the script was lame.

So he's not interested in a quick buck.

Hopefully, they can muster enough talent to convince him to do King Conan if it ever escapes development hell.

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

I'll never forget the thick irony of Heigl lambasting Judd Apatow over the sexism in Knocked Up

Knocked Up is sexist? Thats news to me. It was on tv just a few days ago.

One thing I'll say about Kilmer, he deserved a better Batman movie. I feel like his performance is a notch above a lot of the other players outside of maybe Carrey. The plot was dumb and the sets were way too fake even for the mid 90s. Then they somehow made everything worse in the sequel with Clooney/Arnold. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Willis's career is so weird. He commands a lot of money even now (he fell out of Expendables 3 because he wanted 3M for 3 days instead of 2M), he obviously does not care about script or anything, just how much money is coming his way. In a way, that is refreshing that he cares so little, but it hurts his brand in the long term. The only reason he isn't considered like a Nic Cage is because he is a bit more "in control" than Cage is.

Funnily enough, Willis has a specific vision with Die Hard, in Die Hard 4 the studio wanted some changes made to a scene and Willis felt those were not in the "spirit" of Die Hard and asked the studio "So who is your second choice to play John McClane?". He is so fiercely protective that the studio had to film scenes when Willis wasn't on set just to insert any references to the previous movies as Willis didn't want to retread the ground.

Wonder what happened to this movie though?

Die_Hard_Year_One_logo.png

The fact Stallone thought Willis was a dick for wanting more money for three days of work makes me respect Stallone even though he had a rap of being difficult in the past. Luckily Stallone got Harrison Ford to take his place!

16 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That relative i think, he certainly is strict about what he does not want to do but i'm not sure how much he has a vision of what he want, all Die Hard movies were script for completely different projects that they took and put the die hard characters in them. (except for the last one, the first attempt at an original die hard movie).

Die Hard 4 for example was a studio project called WW3.com that was in a super long development hell because 9/11 made terrorist a touchy subject that was adapted into a Die Hard movie franchise.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/die-hard/21313/the-strange-history-of-the-die-hard-movies

Pity there wasn't any quality control for A Good Day to Die Hard, that film was clearly shot on the cheap.

Edited by Jonwo

33 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Willis' case recently is so weird because he had such a great unexpected one-two punch of Moonrise Kingdom and Looper in 2012 - and was totally engaged with the material in both - and then completely tapped out all over again. I don't get it.

I suspect Willis is overly cynical of the Hollywood game and rather be vacationing.

He's experienced everything Hollywood has to offer and then some.

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I dunno if that's what it was. It read more like he wanted to play a bigger part. The issues he had with the script pertained to his role, not the movie in general. I guess i can understand that.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

One thing I'll say about Kilmer, he deserved a better Batman movie. I feel like his performance is a notch above a lot of the other players outside of maybe Carrey. The plot was dumb and the sets were way too fake even for the mid 90s. Then they somehow made everything worse in the sequel with Clooney/Arnold. 

I thought Kilmer played an interesting Bruce Wayne. His Batman was wanting.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So he's not interested in a quick buck.

Hopefully, they can muster enough talent to convince him to do King Conan if it ever escapes development hell.

I don't think that's what he was saying. He didn't like the size of the role he had in it. It was just a cameo at the end of the movie. So he said no thanks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

“Even if I was directing a film called The Life of Val Kilmer, I wouldn’t have that prick in it.”  - Frankenheimer on the set of The Island of Dr Moreau

And that's a lot nicer than what Joel Shumacher said about him after working with him on Batman Forver. :lol:

http://ew.com/article/1996/05/31/val-kilmer-makes-enemies-hollywood/

Rangers is gonna lose lots of theaters!!! BAHAHAHAHAHA, and it won't even hit 90 mil! Then my enemies will be destroyed by the glorious TP Mummy Army, and Age of Rust collective. I will rule this board as a Philosopher-King and all will bow to my wisdom!