Premium and Gold members please go to this thread:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24403-paid-perks/

Copper and Silver Accounts please PM me if you have paid past August 1st and care about the "Custom Avatar" (or really larger avatar) perk.

Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

Wrath    2,563
2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Most exciting weekend of the year right here bro.

Is what we might say if this was the weekend Last Jedi was coming out. Or maybe GotG 2. Or Spider-Man or Thor: Ragnarok or Furious 8 or Wonder Woman or, heck, even like Despicable Me 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean or like 20 other at least arguably interesting openers.

But its not.

• Like 1

filmlover    25,136
Just now, Wrath said:

Is what we might say if this was the weekend Last Jedi was coming out. Or maybe GotG 2. Or Spider-Man or Thor: Ragnarok or Furious 8 or Wonder Woman or, heck, even like Despicable Me 3 or Pirates of the Caribbean or like 20 other at least arguably interesting openers.

But its not.

Image result for that's the joke

• Like 9

TalismanRing    22,559

Overall, it’s expected to be a ho-hum box office weekend and likely down from a year ago when The Huntsman: Winter’s War opened all to itself and grabbed $19.5M.

We've come to the point where Huntsman: Winter's War is viewed in a positive light.  SAD.

• Like 2

Wrath    2,563
5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Image result for that's the joke

I know.

With a weekend like this, I figured we all needed to pitch in and help.

I'm thinking I should start a huge flamewar with someone just to get this thread to page 3.

• Like 12

filmlover    25,136
Just now, Wrath said:

I'm thinking I should start a huge flamewar with someone just to get this thread to page 3.

The inventor of the Unicorn Frappuccino.

• Like 1

DAJK    10,255

Rth could still come in with numbers and get 100000 likes

• Like 8

Wrath    2,563
39 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The inventor of the Unicorn Frappuccino.

That rainbow-hued fake-coffee-drinking bastard said WHAT about my mom!?!?!

Oh, it is ON!

Edited by Wrath

a2knet    11,317

F8 did 4.5 Thu. If it follows FSS % of F7 in the 2nd weekend it will do 32.5 (-67%).

65% drop for 35 is the best case scenario it seems, but for that it will need a 140-145% Fri bump opposed to F7's 130%.

Edited by a2knet

jandrew    21,607

Add Snapchat to the list of social media for movie marketing. Just saw a quick "Split now on Bluray" ad on there after watching someones snap.

franfar    16,263

My guess is this weekend will have fewer than 20 pages

Edited by franfar

DAJK    10,255

*this thread will not get to 20 pages*

Not if I can help it, I just start posting random shit to up the page count. But then my like ratio would suck :sadben: 

• Like 2

WrathOfHan    27,208
33 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Add Snapchat to the list of social media for movie marketing. Just saw a quick "Split now on Bluray" ad on there after watching someones snap.

Did Snapchat read my posts on here? :kitschjob: 

• Like 1

Jake Gittes    8,914

Saw Unforgettable today. Eh. Falls into that trap where it tries to serve up both drama and trashy thrills and the result is like two different movies neither of which accomplishes much. Should have either kept working on the script until it became legitimate dramatic material (the seeds are definitely there) or gone straight for the glorious delirium of The Boy Next Door, alas the end result is neither here nor there. 

• Like 1

Blaze Heatnix    1,343
52 minutes ago, franfar said:

My guess is this weekend will have fewer than 20 pages

If Fate of Frious drops more than 65% domestic and more than 70% in China ( like some are predicting ), there will be enough meltdowns for 40 pages, at least. ;)

• Like 1