trifle

WGA authorizes strike with 96% vote | tentative agreement reached at 1am PDT

4 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

From what I understand, they rely pretty heavily on the reshoot/redub period to pull their films together into the relatively cohesive product that people dig. Removing that from their toolbox could hurt them immensely.

Let's hope not, then. And that somehow Marvel Studios make it work. 

It's interesting that Marvel and Feige planned ahead for the writers strike, but I do wonder what the WGA's stance is on writers helping studios who prepared for this "get ahead" of the strike by getting in work earlier so they can better withstand a stoppage, something that lessens the writers' leverage, to some degree, at least.

2 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

It's interesting that Marvel and Feige planned ahead for the writers strike, but I do wonder what the WGA's stance is on writers helping studios who prepared for this "get ahead" of the strike by getting in work earlier so they can better withstand a stoppage, something that lessens the writers' leverage, to some degree, at least.

I'm pretty sure everybody who is already well into production planned well in advance in the event a strike ended up happening.

Marvel is undoubtedly a well-oiled machine, but it's not like studio heads or top network execs would say much else at the moment: it would be bad publicity and everyone would be looking for the signs of the strain in the final product. I mean, they weren't promoting Quantum of Solace at the time by telling audiences that Daniel Craig and Marc Forster were scrambling to cobble together a third act—all those stories from different directors and producers about how things needed rewriting and they had to either rush it through by a deadline or hope the actors stumbled onto workable, came later on.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cookson said:

Things seem much calmer this time. I think the strike will be avoided.

What's probably creating a sense of urgency this time around to avoid a strike is that many people are saying "please don't us go through this again." Social media was years away from becoming a truly dominant force when the last strike happened (Twitter, for example, barely existed at the time).

15 hours ago, filmlover said:

What's probably creating a sense of urgency this time around to avoid a strike is that many people are saying "please don't us go through this again." Social media was years away from becoming a truly dominant force when the last strike happened (Twitter, for example, barely existed at the time).

Just show everyone Transformers 2 and they'll work for a swift resolution

• Like 1