Blankments

47 Meters Down | Johannes Roberts | June 16, 2017

I have already watched this. It's actually really good. Like what was mentioned above they released it on DTV when The Shallows became as successful as it did but I guess they back tracked now. I do wonder though how it'll affect its box office since its already available on home video. 

It was initially titled In The Deep which is ironic because the slogan for The Shallows was "What was once in the deep, is now in the shallows." 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

Well I just finished watching it and I have to say that it really freaked the hell out of me. You can tell it was kind of low budget but it was still pretty well done. I have to say that it's a very sad movie. It's not as good as the shallows and in my opinion it should have ended better but it's still very intense.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, baumer said:

Well I just finished watching it and I have to say that it really freaked the hell out of me. You can tell it was kind of low budget but it was still pretty well done. I have to say that it's a very sad movie. It's not as good as the shallows and in my opinion it should have ended better but it's still very intense.

sounds good enough.  Hopefully I can find a way to see it now :P 

• Like 1

The release date for this is horrible, imo. It opens the same weekend as Rough Night and while this is a horror and the other is a comedy, I know that Mandy Moore has a majority female fan base so the two audiences will intersect. 

Then again I'm having a hard time understanding why they'd even release it to theaters after it already was released on home video. 

• Like 2

I have no idea how well this is going to do but the trailer is freaky as hell and the movie is well done.  It's a little low budget and it shows at times, but there are some real genuine scares and it's not easy to watch in some places.  I hope it finds an audience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, slambros said:

My favorite part in the trailer is when the two girls are at the restaurant and it goes down like this:

Girl #1: But I don't even know how to dive...

Guy: It'll be safe. Trust me.

Girl #1: Okay...

Girl #2: YEAAAHHH

It's covered a bit more in depth in the film.  :sparta:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

If they hope to make even a small dent at the box office they better start increasing the marketing a little bit on this one.

I was just about to say the same thing. This looks more DOA with each passing day. I'm not trying to sound like an ass but Sony gave them a very good blue print on how to market a film like this just last year. 

• Like 1