kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: As expected Baahubali 2: The Conclusion got off to a very strong start last night, pulling in $2.5 million from 330 locations, though those are only early estimates as all theaters have not yet reported so we'll be waiting for more official numbers later today or tomorrow.

Additionally, Lionsgate's release of Pantelion's How to be a Latin Lover brought in an estimated $450,000 last night from 925 theaters while STX's The Circle brought in $430,000 from ~1,500 theaters with previews beginning at 7PM.

• Like 2

Just now, kayumanggi said:

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: As expected Baahubali 2: The Conclusion got off to a very strong start last night, pulling in $2.5 million from 330 locations, though those are only early estimates as all theaters have not yet reported so we'll be waiting for more official numbers later today or tomorrow.

Additionally, Lionsgate's release of Pantelion's How to be a Latin Lover brought in an estimated $450,000 last night from 925 theaters while STX's The Circle brought in $430,000 from ~1,500 theaters with previews beginning at 7PM.

Huh, was Latin Lover expected to make more from previews than Circle?

Just now, Arlborn said:

Huh, was Latin Lover expected to make more from previews than Circle?

Pretty sure it wasn't. Makes Circle's numbers look even worse.

How to Be a Latin Lover was very heavily marketed in Latin-friendly locations (like Miami) and that audience is largely underserved so this doesn't seem too surprising.

• Like 1

I'm so confused.  There must be a BIG disagreement with the distributor for Baahubali 2 and theater owners in Canada.  It's not playing anywhere here and this is going to cost it money no doubt.  Toronto, specifically Brampton, has a massive Indian population.  To have it nowhere to be found here really pisses me off.  

Over the Easter weekend, there was an Indian movie here that was sold out FOR EVERY SHOW from Thursday previews to Sunday night.  It outgrossed F8 at this theater.......ridiculous that the biggest Bollywood or Indian movie, is not playing here.  

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Box Office Mojo having the numbers first warms my heart. :wub:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm so confused.  There must be a BIG disagreement with the distributor for Baahubali 2 and theater owners in Canada.  It's not playing anywhere here and this is going to cost it money no doubt.  Toronto, specifically Brampton, has a massive Indian population.  To have it nowhere to be found here really pisses me off.  

Over the Easter weekend, there was an Indian movie here that was sold out FOR EVERY SHOW from Thursday previews to Sunday night.  It outgrossed F8 at this theater.......ridiculous that the biggest Bollywood or Indian movie, is not playing here.  

Distributor is Great India Films and from what I see, this is their first shot. They probably flubbed it

• Like 1