kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

They should get quotes from the BOT forums for advertising.

"See the movie @MrPink remarks made him jizz 10 times" will be a favorite during Dunkirk's advertising stage.

Found it

The Circle TV Spot - Experience (2017)

Over 50 most anticipated lists. TV Spot for The Circle which hits theaters this Friday.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

What purpose would it being PG serve though? That implies it's a movie aimed at a family audience, and there's nothing kid friendly about Arrival even if it isn't "inappropriate" for them. 

Not sure it imply that, PG is not even G, PG mean that some parents could not like some content about the movie to be seen by child. Arrival was PG in Canada. MPAA is about appropriate or not I think.

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Of course.

24 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I'm not one to agree with Davinci on anything, really, but we should all be happy that black filmmakers are being given opportunities like this. Ditto Ava DuVernay / A Wrinkle in Time next year.

Not to mention Coogler's Black Panther.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

They should get quotes from the BOT forums for advertising.

"See the movie @MrPink remarks made him jizz 10 times" will be a favorite during Dunkirk's advertising stage.

@YourMother calls Ninjago "Another cinematic masterpiece."

• Like 1

@Ash Skywalker were you in this line?

In India, we hear it’s the biggest opening ever with $50M-$60M. In India at Prasad’s Imax theater Khairatabad there was a 3 KM line to get into the movie on Thursday.

I miss Prasadz IMAX, loved that screen. Spectrum is a worthy replacement though.

IMAX was huge this weekend

Providing fire to The Conclusion’s grosses were 45 Imax screens accounting for $1.8m of its global $2.34M cume. Worldwide and stateside, it was the the biggest launch ever for an Indian film in Imax and foreign language.  Domestic per Imax screen average reached a huge $40K over the weekend, with five Imax locations setting new three-day weekend records.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Can we talk about that Get Out number for a sec? It rose 3 percent. In its tenth weekend.

And yeah, Universal added 600 screens, so I seriously doubt they're doing anything to cut its legs @davincicode1

Not that impressed with those figures, they've added so many screens and this weekend overall was a flop, I expected it to rise above the 2 million mark and return to top 10 :(

Edited by davincicode1

Just now, YourMother said:

If Hidden Figures and Get Out are any indicators,  Black Panther, Wrinkle In Time, and Animated Spider-Man will be breakout hits.

Those might do well, but you are forgetting that the movies need to be good as well. People won't just show us because of representation on screen.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Not that impressed with those figures, they've added so many screens and this weekend overall was a flop, I expected it to rise above the 2 million mark and return to top 10 :(

I...don't know how you can't be impressed with that. This is a film in its tenth weekend - a horror film - that had an increase. It is likely to be headed to around $180m domestic, which makes it the biggest live-action original film since Interstellar on 3 percent of the budget. If you keep saying that its performance isn't as amazing as everyone says it is, I've got news for you, bud: Universal isn't the one damaging the film. 

Edited by Eevin
  • Like 7

Just now, grim22 said:

Those might do well, but you are forgetting that the movies need to be good as well. People won't just show us because of representation on screen.

Didn't Madea's Halloween managed to prevent Ouija 2, Inferno and Jack Reacher 2 from reaching the top spot on BO just last year? despite being like 15% fresh RT?

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I have the upmost faith that all of the three will be good.

1 minute ago, Eevin said:

:redcapes:

To be honest, if it were another Spider-Man movie that had Peter Parker as the lead, I'd be on the sub $150M domestic bandwagon. However Miles Morales could be a real draw, plus with Lord, Miller, and to a lesser extent Hirsch in charge, it'll be great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Madea begs to differ. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Perhaps casting a huge Indian actor in a Hollywood film would help increase the box office on India. 

Apart from The Jungle Book, have films like Lion or Slumdog Millionaire done well in India. 

I get what you mean but this is weird.

I've never went to see a film just because there are British people in it :lol:.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I get what you mean but this is weird.

I've never went to see a film just because there are British people in it :lol:.

Well of course you never went to a movie because it had British people. Hollywood movies are full of British people trying to be American.

12 minutes ago, John Marston said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=johnwick2.htm

John Wick 2 ended its run even though it made over 100,000 last weekend. Wish studios would stop this trend of ending run's earlier

Really wanted for it to break 100M but still a good increase over the first one. Hopefully JW3 continues the streak of being better than its predecessor. 

• Like 1