kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

17 minutes ago, John Marston said:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=johnwick2.htm

John Wick 2 ended its run even though it made over 100,000 last weekend. Wish studios would stop this trend of ending run's earlier

It is still playing at a dollar theater near me, probably more stopped reporting the number than fully stopped playing, is it the studio that stop a movie playing in theater or not more the theater chain ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I...don't know how you can't be impressed with that. This is a film in its tenth weekend - a horror film - that had an increase. 

Its PTA did drop almost 40%. The theater count increase is the only thing responsible for the increase in grosses.

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Its PTA did drop almost 40%. The theater count increase is the only thing responsible for the increase in grosses.

Doesn't change the fact that despite apparently being the biggest Get Out stan on the forum, he's the only one who's trashed its performance.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Will the Indian film fall off the face of the earth next weekend? 

Most likely, but when you open 25% higher than the final gross of the first movie, it stops mattering at that point.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

@Ash Skywalker were you in this line?

I miss Prasadz IMAX, loved that screen. Spectrum is a worthy replacement though.

IMAX was huge this weekend

PRASAD'S is no more an IMAX screen. Due to less true FILM movies, they have removed the projector 3 years ago. The las IMAX 70MM movie they played is INTERSTELLAR and i've that movie FDFS. & another time after a week. Some say that they have the projector and they'll be using it for NOLAN movies due to Nolan's popularity in INDIA as they'll be flying towards the theater when #Dunkirk releases. I heard recently that they renovated Prasad's Large screen installing a new digital projector and cutting some portion of the screen. 

I'll be seeing Baahubali2 in BIG screen on May7th/8th once i'm there i'll know the details and i'll let you know what happened. 

And what's this Spectrum?

• Like 1

Just now, Ash Skywalker said:

PRASAD'S is no more an IMAX screen. Due to less true FILM movies, they have removed the projector 3 years ago. The las IMAX 70MM movie they played is INTERSTELLAR and i've that movie FDFS. & another time after a week. Some say that they have the projector and they'll be using it for NOLAN movies due to Nolan's popularity in INDIA as they'll be flying towards the theater when #Dunkirk releases. I heard recently that they renovated Prasad's Large screen installing a new digital projector and cutting some portion of the screen. 

I'll be seeing Baahubali2 in BIG screen on May7th/8th once i'm there i'll know the details and i'll let you know what happened. 

And what's this Spectrum?

Thats disappointing to hear, the IMAX screen was a treat for sure. 

Spectrum is is one of the biggest IMAX screens in the US http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/13104

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

PRASAD'S is no more an IMAX screen. Due to less true FILM movies, they have removed the projector 3 years ago.

I hadn't realized theaters had removed their projectors entirely. I hope that isn't true in the US, since Aronofsky shot mother! almost entirely in 35mm.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, trifle said:

I hadn't realized theaters had removed their projectors entirely. I hope that isn't true in the US, since Aronofsky shot mother! almost entirely in 35mm.

It is not true in the US.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Perhaps casting a huge Indian actor in a Hollywood film would help increase the box office on India. 

Apart from The Jungle Book, have films like Lion or Slumdog Millionaire done well in India. 

Dont kniw how much Slumdog did but I know it is actually hated by a lot of Indian audiences 

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Thats disappointing to hear, the IMAX screen was a treat for sure. 

Spectrum is is one of the biggest IMAX screens in the US http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/13104

Good to hear you've found a good replacement there. Unfortunately for us, there is none.
And yeah about the 3KM line, that was a hug line.  I think i have a video of it

5 minutes ago, trifle said:

There are some other issues as well. But there's no clear info from them whether they have the proj. or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Wow, just got a TV spot for The Circle which quotes a lot of publications - but not reviews. Instead it is "Watch the movie Rolling Stone calls one of the most anticipated of the year"

Rolling Stone disliked it

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They almost all did - that's the joke.  This isn't an ad for reviews but for the once upon a time when these mags and papers were anticipating it might be good - you know - before they actually watched it. :lol:

It made 1.5 million anticipated lists. They were huge!

• Like 2