kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

28 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Portugal is like the Delaware of the EU population wise, quit obsessing over it. It isn't China and can't save a bomb or power a hit. Irrelevant!

No its not. You are not in position to tell someone who has a question that their question is irrelevant.

It may be irrelevant to you, but THAT is what is irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

No its not. You are not in position to tell someone who has a question that their question is irrelevant.

It may be irrelevant to you, but THAT is what is irrelevant.

It's irrelevant if it's about a small country, it's like trying to track Marshall Islands BO

13 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

It's irrelevant if it's about a small country, it's like trying to track Marshall Islands BO

That may be true (even thought exaggerated Delaware is 0.27% of the domestic population, Portugal is 1.35% of Europe).

But every conversation about box office is pretty much 100% irrelevant for people that are not getting a percentage of the gross, it is all pure trivia just for fun, if we start to talk about stuff that are important, well just shut this site down.

Also when building prediction, it is how big of a market you are among what has been released and if you correlated with a zone, it can make you relevant for prediction even if you are small part.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Its relevant because one of the mods, who happens to be an active, knowledgeable and well liked poster, lives in Portugal.

If you'd read the posts you might have been able to figure that out.

Edit - I was also going to add a point about how ANY regional BO discussion (how do sell-outs look in LA? How's the East Coast?) are by definition not the entire picture, yet still somehow manage to be relevant. But Barnack did a good job of beating me to it.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Its relevant because one of the mods, who happens to be an active, knowledgeable and well liked poster, lives in Portugal.

If you'd read the posts you might have been able to figure that out.

Edit - I was also going to add a point about how ANY regional BO discussion (how do sell-outs look in LA? How's the East Coast?) are by definition not the entire picture, yet still somehow manage to be relevant. But Barnack did a good job of beating me to it.

The East Coast is at least relevant, that's like saying "Western Europe". "Portual" is an incredibly small part of the total.

1 minute ago, drdungbeetle said:

The East Coast is at least relevant, that's like saying "Western Europe". "Portual" is an incredibly small part of the total.

Numbers are numbers. Might not mean much in the grand scheme, but this is a box office site. People here like talking about box office.

And if there's one thing that's less relevant to the US than Portugal, it's friggin Bollywood US BO. Oh wow some movie starring the Great Khali and that chick from Quantico did like a fraction of 1 mil, BOLLYWOOD HAS MADE IT!!!! BREKING NEWZ!!!1!

And if there's one thing that's less relevant to the US than Portugal, it's friggin Bollywood US BO. Oh wow some movie starring the Great Khali and that chick from Quantico did like a fraction of 1 mil, BOLLYWOOD HAS MADE IT!!!! BREKING NEWZ!!!1!

feynman-thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Now you're just being a dick.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

How old are you? Seriously. Get a grip.

3 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

Alrighty then.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Now you're just being a dick.

Why? Because I don't like crap movies where everybody has their singing voice dubbed in post and it sounds like a castrati version of Alvin and the Chipmunks when the women sing?

Hey look at me I'm an ADHD millennial kid who thinks only the biggest movies, biggest countries, biggest whatever matter because my feeble brain and attention span couldn't possibly handle anything more complex and in depth!!

Ugh, kids these days are the worst.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 5

Why? Because I don't like crap movies where everybody has their singing voice dubbed in post and it sounds like a castrati version of Alvin and the Chipmunks when the women sing?

We all have our own opinion about certain movies and genres, but it seems extremely silly to be annoyed at a box-office forum talking about a Bollywood movie that broke records here in the US and absolutely destroyed records in India.

• Like 9

To me, the most entertaining part was where he ignored that CJohn living there is the majority of the reason people pay more attention to Portugese BO than, say, Italian BO (other than how weirdly late the Italians always seem to release stuff).

Anyway, my ignore list was looking a little paltry.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

We all have our own opinion about certain movies and genres, but it seems extremely silly to be annoyed at a box-office forum talking about a Bollywood movie that broke records here in the US and absolutely destroyed records in India.

If it's the fourth one on this chart, it did pretty well in Australia, as well.

C-tATUSV0AETYoA.jpg

• Like 5