:P

Arrival

Moonlight

La La Land

Manchester by the Sea

CW

Rogue One

Doctor Strange is the worst MCU imo

Doctor Strange is all right, not considering the movie over rated, mainly because many had hated this movie even before it came out, hence i think Doctor strange is all right

But Wonder Woman, is definitely over rated and over hyped, for my opinion ...

6 hours ago, Eric Lancer said:

Doctor Strange is all right, not considering the movie over rated, mainly because many had hated this movie even before it came out, hence i think Doctor strange is all right

But Wonder Woman, is definitely over rated and over hyped, for my opinion ...

WW has really charming and charismatic leads, hits emotional notes and the setting is interesting and different. It's an engaging, uplifting  story and rewatchable one at that. However, some fans, who are trying to get Trevorrow fired and Patty Jenkins hired for Star Wars Episode IX, are acting like it's some massive achievement in directing which it isn't. It's as averagely directed as anything, with overuse of slo mo and standard messy CGI-ladden finale.  Nothing to write home about in that aspect. 

• Like 3

Focusing on horror instead of big blockbusters - It Comes at Night was terrible. Get Out and Don't Breathe were fine, but I don't understand the hype for either. They were slightly above average at best, IMO. 

These movies definitely aren't bad, and I quite enjoyed a few of them. But a mix of overhype or me personally just not thinking they're up to the level most people say they are. 

Moonlight - it's fine, but honestly it never presented any depth to the themes or characters it presented. It would change to a different setting before the script could delve into anything

Arrival - solid up until the final act. Honestly, I don't understand how more people don't see how dumb the whole "twist" was. And wtf was up with the Chinese guy and the phone :lol:

Star Trek Beyond - yea, it's a decent, and pretty entertaining film. But it's also pretty forgettable in the grand scheme of blockbuster filmmaking.

The Nice Guys - hell yeah, it's a movie people on this site, and film geeks in general are going to love. But I didn't connect with it at all. Didn't find it particularly funny, nor was I super invested. The chemistry between the leads was awesome though. 

Hail Caesar! - how on Earth did this get a certified fresh on RT (from what I remember), it's script was dopey, the comedy mostly didn't hit, and the end was just way too far. Wasn't so bad that it was an embarrassment for everyone involved, but wow was it a waste of talent in front of and behind the camera.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DAJK said:

These movies definitely aren't bad, and I quite enjoyed a few of them. But a mix of overhype or me personally just not thinking they're up to the level most people say they are. 

Moonlight - it's fine, but honestly it never presented any depth to the themes or characters it presented. It would change to a different setting before the script could delve into anything

yesssssssssssssssssss

12 hours ago, DAJK said:

The Nice Guys - hell yeah, it's a movie people on this site, and film geeks in general are going to love. But I didn't connect with it at all. Didn't find it particularly funny, nor was I super invested. The chemistry between the leads was awesome though. 

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1