Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I gave it 1.5/5.  

The there are a lot of problems with this movie. First of all, for a two-hour movie, it feels so long. I thought it was a two and half hour long movie. Let's start with the beginning of the film. In the prolog, you see Arthur's uncle and Arthur father relationship. This comes across as completely pointless since Jude Law character is written very poorly.  Jude Law finds out that his magic power from his tower. Yes, his power comes from a tower it is a LotR ripoff.  Is weakening since Arthur is still alive since he let him live even though he was told by this magic creature that gave him his power that Arthur family line would be the only thing could stop him. He has no problem killing his brother and sister in law to gain power but would not kill his nephew and later on he would kill his daughter but no for the sake of the plot he can't his nephew. Now that Arthur is an adult Jude Law is looking for him. His men find him and send him to the land where the sword is to see if he truly can pick the sword since this is a magic sword that can kill a whole Army.  Arthur picks up the sword and is arrested. Jude Law wants to have a public execution of Arthur but he is save by group of rebels that believe he will bring peace to the nation.  Arthur trains with these people and Arthur learns about the magic sword but is afraid to use since it shows his family dying in order to use the sword he must watch the whole memory.  The rebels make a plan to kill the king at one of the cities where Arthur is from but it fails. The guards chase the rebels down. Arthur uses some of the swords powers and kills a whole Army. The rebels eventually escape and decided the only kill the king is going to tower since if the sword is brought to the tower and used the King will lose all of his powers. The rebels attack the tower in a huge action sequence.  Arthur goes to the bottom of tower to destory the tower but he meets his uncle. His uncle turns into a video game character. They start to fight and Jude Law is winning but at the last minute Arthur watches the whole memory of his parents being kiled and comes back fighting and kills his uncle.  The movie is basically over. The characters overall a poorly written and the acting is fine. Poor CGI and poor attempts at humor throughout the whole movie. 

1.5/5 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

There are things I really liked about this movie, The set pieces are amazing, and the atmosphere reminds me of what a movie would look like, if it took place in "Skyrim" I mean Arthur is trained by a mage, has a magic sword and goes to the dark forest and has a vision on an ancient stone slab, I just really wish the story was better executed, and that it was edited to be a sharper and shorter movie that didn't leg so much. The visuals were also amazing, as were the sword fighting scenes. I really think this movie is going to get an Oscar nom for costumes, they were incredibly effective in this movie. The acting, while not amazing is quite decent as well. Hunnam actually probably gives the best performance in the movie.  

For a movie that explains most of the story in quick montages, it feels incredibly long, and it seems to speed up when it needs to slow down, and slow down when it really should pick up. I love the idea of this film, and how they were going for a more fantasy driven approach. but the story was a lot weaker then it could have been. if this had been a more character driven movie with a better executed story it could have been great. I'm kind of teetering between an C+ and a B- right now, but right now I'll give it a B- 

Feels very long like another poster says. Also feels like it could have been a decent film. I know its not very good, but I don't think its 5% bad. 

The visuals were pretty meh overall. Poorly written, though the actors gave it their best shot

I'd say a C+

• Like 1

Such a good time.  Hunnam wasn't bad, Law was pretty solid and overall pretty solid fun movie. Honestly i don't know what is wrong with people these days when it comes to fantasy movies, everything has to be the new Lord of the rings or it is a disaster or what? 

• Like 1