Finnick

Wednesday Numbers : GOTG2:$7.53M Crossed $500M WW | FF8:0.57M | BATB:0.38M

v8ccqht.jpg

Thursday will most likely drop 5-10% from Wednesday. That's just how May weekdays go. Nothing surprising or special about that

Hahaha... Exactly.

But people's overreactions here about its projected final DOM are solely based on its day to day movements and that's not how it works either. The ridiculousness of those projections was practically begging for a more ridiculous response.

Great Sunday, 400M

Horrible Monday, 300M

Surprising Tuesday, 400M

And I assume, Shitty Wednesday, less than 300M

"That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works."

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The WW numbers is right?

It's on $ 430m by sunday, the movie gross $ 70m WW in just 3 days [monday - wednesday]?

It is correct. As per BOM:

DOM: $168.5 million (+$7.4 million Wednesday per Forbes)

INT: $325.8 million (as of May 10th)

----------

TOTAL WORLDWIDE: $501.7 million

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

It is correct. As per BOM:

DOM: $168.5 million (+$7.4 million Wednesday per Forbes)

INT: $325.8 million (as of May 10th)

----------

TOTAL WORLDWIDE: $501.7 million

Peace,

Mike

Thanks... i really can't see this losing $ 800m

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The WW numbers is right?

It's on $ 430m by sunday, the movie gross $ 70m WW in just 3 days [monday - wednesday]?

Yeah, it did 30M domestic and 13-17M in China (depending on what they are counting) and based on that about 23-27M in the rest of the world in 3 days.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Pretty much expected drop given what Tuesday at the box office is these day. Still thinking $60M to $65M upcoming weekend DOM for Vol. 2.

Agreed. Cap: Civil War second weekend was around 8.09 times bigger than its first Wednesday. 8.09 x $7.5m for Guardians 2 would be a $60.68 million second weekend. Could go higher or lower than that by a few million of course.

5 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Forbes projecting it to pass the 700M by the end of the week. No way this doesn't generate at least 100M the rest of way.

at 500ww right now I don't see how the film gets 700 Ww by the end of the week.

Maybe 630-650 unless more markets are opening up over the weekend.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Hahaha... Exactly.

But people's overreactions here about its projected final DOM are solely based on its day to day movements and that's not how it works either. The ridiculousness of those projections was practically begging for a more ridiculous response.

Great Sunday, 400M

Horrible Monday, 300M

Surprising Tuesday, 400M

And I assume, Shitty Wednesday, less than 300M

"That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works."

Add those 4 numbers up and they average out to 350, which is where it most likely ends up, give or take a few mil.:P

• Like 1

At some point people are going to figure out that the Wed drops are going to be like this from now on because of how big discount Tuesday has become. 

When movies are increasing on Tuesdays upwards of 30-40% it means they're going to drop bigger the following day. It's just the way it is now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

At some point people are going to figure out that the Wed drops are going to be like this from now on because of how big discount Tuesday has become. 

When movies are increasing on Tuesdays upwards of 30-40% it means they're going to drop bigger the following day. It's just the way it is now. 

It could get even more extreme. The more theaters that begin to participate in Discount Tuesday, the bigger the jumps and drops will be. There is still a lot of room for Discount Tuesday to grow because there are still plenty of theaters not participating in it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

38% Wednesday drop isn't nearly as bad as we've seen from some other films lately.

Some drop over 40% now. 

Well, to be fair, movies that drop 40% or more on Wednesday generally bumped by 50-80% on the preceding Tuesday so they are not comparable to GotG.

Either way, this number is pretty much normal looking at past releases. Guardians is going to have the standard ~59% drop that the last few marvel sequels have had. America is starting to look like Japan with these annual movies having almost exactly the same legs year in year out.

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

It could get even more extreme. The more theaters that begin to participate in Discount Tuesday, the bigger the jumps and drops will be. There is still a lot of room for Discount Tuesday to grow because there are still plenty of theaters not participating in it.

If AMC fully comes on board, Discount Tuesdays will blow up in a big big way. They are the most high profile holdout currently, they have piloted it in a few locations but not full fledged yet.

2 hours ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Forbes projecting it to pass the 700M by the end of the week. No way this doesn't generate at least 100M the rest of way.

$ 700m is too much, but $ 650m is realistic.

My point is:

The movie probably will gross $ 350m in the USA [or more].

Just need $ 450m OS to pass $ 800m WW. It has $ 282m OS by last sunday, in this sunday the number will probably be around $ 380m - 390m [so around $ 100m OS this week]. How is this can not gross more $ 60 - 70m OS in the rest of the run coming from a $ 100m week.

Edited by ThomasNicole