Finnick

Wednesday Numbers : GOTG2:$7.53M Crossed $500M WW | FF8:0.57M | BATB:0.38M

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If AMC fully comes on board, Discount Tuesdays will blow up in a big big way. They are the most high profile holdout currently, they have piloted it in a few locations but not full fledged yet.

Obviously I'm just a grunt in the theater, but with the discounts on Tuesday being tied to Stubs, I don't think they are ever going to offer it for free, so I just don't know if it will ever be as big as other theaters.  Such as Carmike, who had some theaters that did more on Tuesday's than Saturday's apparently.  

Things can change, but I don't expect it to any time soon.

3 hours ago, Caladbolg said:

It's not. With discount Tuesdays becoming bigger, bigger drops will happen on the following Wednesday. Look at last week:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2017-05-03&p=.htm

Uhh except it had a shitty Tuesday increase. Like the worst in the top 10. So no it's still a shitty Wednesday. This movie hasn't really impressed at the box office except for Sunday. Otherwise every day is another disappointment with these numbers. Hopefully weekend 2 doesn't suck as bad as every week day. I thought Monday was bad then I saw the poor Tuesday bump followed by a brutal wipeout on Wednesday. What's next a 60% weekend decline?!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Uhh except it had a shitty Tuesday increase. Like the worst in the top 10. So no it's still a shitty Wednesday. This movie hasn't really impressed at the box office except for Sunday. Otherwise every day is another disappointment with these numbers. Hopefully weekend 2 doesn't suck as bad as every week day. I thought Monday was bad then I saw the poor Tuesday bump followed by a brutal wipeout on Wednesday. What's next a 60% weekend decline?!

I've only been a here a few days, but even I know that this is overreacting.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, grim22 said:

If AMC fully comes on board, Discount Tuesdays will blow up in a big big way. They are the most high profile holdout currently, they have piloted it in a few locations but not full fledged yet.

I think Regal is on board at certain locations, but I can say for sure that my local Regal is still charging full price on Tuesdays...which is a bad idea considering their competition is a very small chain Cinergy and giving 45% discount for normal tickets and 60% discount on their EPIC format (their version of IMAX).

17 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Buddy you need to put the crack pot down and back away slowly. 

That is how first Tuesdays go. When you are a new film you always have a smaller increase than the other ones that have been out for more than a week. If you don't believe me just go to Box Office Mojo and look up any movie on its second Tuesday. Don't believe me even further just wait until next Tuesday and watch Guardians of the Galaxy have a 50% jump.

• Like 8

@MikeQ.... I'm so glad you post at our site because you are seriously one of my favorite posters of all time. You always have such good insight and you post without passion or prejudice and I love that about you.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think Regal is on board at certain locations, but I can say for sure that my local Regal is still charging full price on Tuesdays...which is a bad idea considering their competition is a very small chain Cinergy and giving 45% discount for normal tickets and 60% discount on their EPIC format (their version of IMAX).

Here's Regal's current promotion, most of them are on Tuesdays: https://www.regmovies.com/promotions/regal-value-days

8 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Beauty and the Beast is down only 20.6% from last week. If Mother's Day is kind to it, it could have an especially strong weekend coming up.

Peace,

Mike

here's hoping. It would be nice to have 2 movies with a female lead to cross 500M (BatB and TLJ is gonna do it 100%). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

@MikeQ.... I'm so glad you post at our site because you are seriously one of my favorite posters of all time. You always have such good insight and you post without passion or prejudice and I love that about you.

Thanks baumer! :huglove: That genuinely means a lot. I'm glad I'm here, and thankful this community exists, and that you are still around too, because from the beginnings of BOM you have always been one of my favourites!

Peace,

Mike

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Isn't TLJ an enseble film?But this is definetly a gtreat year for female-led films.First it was BaTB and now we have Wonder Woman.

No, it's a movie with the female lead. Everyone is supporting to Rey. I know that SW movies are borderline ensemble but there's no question that Rey is the lead. Also, LF never misses a chance to point that out. :) Rogue One was also a movie with the female lead.

Fingers crossed Wondy exceeds expectations. 

Edited by Valonqar

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

This is LITERALLY the best place on the web to talk about film. Seriously, not sugar coating this. We are beasts. Legends. At the very least some of us, haha. 

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

This is LITERALLY the best place on the web to talk about film. Seriously, not sugar coating this. We are beasts. Legends. At the very least some of us, haha. 

This is very true. I've noticed that this is a great place to talk about movies, not just box office in particular. Having a thread for every film is great!

• Like 1

Just now, JB33 said:

This is very true. I've noticed that this is a great place to talk about movies, not just box office in particular. Having a thread for every film is great!

No kidding. The way this place evolved unlike other places is surreal. Yes, we had downtimes. Hell, I was part of some of them. But we've evolved, those who were poison the well are gone and we became this sort of elite group of movie fans that are able to talk about literally every type of film theater release and seriously, I can't stop gushing about how awesome this place is right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Sheesh. Aren't the weekday pretty much falling in line with the last few MCU early May releases? As in, Iron Man 3, Ultron and Civil War... Folks get weird around these parts. Guardians Vol. 2 is still very likely to gross $60M+ this upcoming weekend.

If The weekdays are the same can we expect the same Multipler???

If GOTGv2 does Civil wars Multipler of  2.27 it will land 332,577,936.08 however this could be lower by 5mil due to POTC and Wonder Woman. 

Best case scenario is a 2.4 which will give it 351,624,249.6 (minus maybe 5mil or so).

Im gonna split the Difference here and say 2.3x=336,973,239.2

2 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

If The weekdays are the same can we expect the same Multipler???

If GOTGv2 does Civil wars Multipler of  2.27 it will land 332,577,936.08 however this could be lower by 5mil due to POTC and Wonder Woman. 

Best case scenario is a 2.4 which will give it 351,624,249.6 (minus maybe 5mil or so).

Im gonna split the Difference here and say 2.3x=336,973,239.2

Second Weekend and Third Weekend is what determines where it'll end. Besides GV2 will have lots of double screenings with Pirates.