grim22

BOT: THE REVISITING -- TOP 25 of 2012 | accursed Nolanites are triumphant again

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

This is silly.

I had thought about that for the year end lists and realized it would be a stupid idea. Lists are supposed to be about consensus.

Missed the reveal (nothing I didn't already know though :P ) and meltdowns here, at least I can read them after the fact. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

So you were the other #1 for THE GREY. 

If I had remembered to finish and submit my list in time, there'd be 3... :( 

• Like 1

My casual as hell top 25 if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

1 - The Avengers

2 - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

3 - Seven Psychopaths

4 - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World  

5 - Skyfall

6 - Moonrise Kingdom

7 - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

8 - Ruby Sparks

9 - The Dark Knight Rises

10 - Looper

11 - John Carter

12 - Wreck-it Ralph

13 - Silver Linings Playbook

14 - The Vow

15 - The Hunger Games

16 - Cloud Atlas

17 - Robot & Frank

18 - MiB 3

19 - The Five-Year Engagement

20 - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 @baumer

21 - Pitch Perfect

22 - 21 Jump Street

23 - The Amazing Spider-Man

24 - Ted

25 - Sunset Stories

• Like 2

Just now, Arlborn said:

Hide contents

1 - The Avengers

2 - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

3 - Seven Psychopaths

4 - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World  

5 - Skyfall

6 - Moonrise Kingdom

7 - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

8 - Ruby Sparks

9 - The Dark Knight Rises

10 - Looper

11 - John Carter

12 - Wreck-it Ralph

13 - Silver Linings Playbook

14 - The Vow

15 - The Hunger Games

16 - Cloud Atlas

17 - Robot & Frank

18 - MiB 3

19 - The Five-Year Engagement

20 - The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 @baumer

21 - Pitch Perfect

22 - 21 Jump Street

23 - The Amazing Spider-Man

24 - Ted

25 - Sunset Stories

If you have Seven Psychopaths in your top 5, you are not casual.

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Reveal hidden contents

No Boy.

How could you do this to me, Arlborn.

Just now, aabattery said:

No Boy.

How could you do this to me, Arlborn.

In my defense I was gonna watch it on the night before the deadline but I got too drunk and fell asleep about 3 minutes in... Maybe 4.

5 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

Hide contents

:ph34r: 

Hide contents

The Dark Knight Rises
written and directed by: cinematic genius Christopher “film stock” Nolan
starring: Tom Hardy and some scrubs

tumblr_mdpn9gh15Q1r4z8l1o1_500.gif

Number of first-place votes: 27

IMDB synopsis: The legendary conclusion to the greatest trilogy ever made, a stunning cinematic achievement that will live forever.

This movie cured cancer, but a vile conspiracy led by Hydra caused the experimental drug to be destroyed. Faced with such darkness, Saint Nolan and his group of acolytes settled for world peace and stopping famine through the gospel of 15/70 film. Nolan was offered the Nobel Prize for literature and peace (the first such recipient in history), but declined both awards due to his modesty. Yes, he really is that perfect. The sheer magic of this movie rippled through the cinematic spacetime continuum, causing people to re-evaluate all previous Nolan movies and increase their rating at least one full grade. It also managed the impossible feat of giving Wally Pfister a directing job on a possible tentpole project.

Tomato meter: 127%, 11.7/10 average rating

Academy Awards: 17 wins, 17 nominations

Random critic comment: “I was blind but the majesty of Bane’s plane assault cured me. My optic nerves were literally re-born and forged anew.” —David Manning, WorldToday

Random RTM comment: “F” — @THE PHENOMENAL BKB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFAXvFYhsE 

• Like 2

So some people have said 2012 wasn't a weak year, maybe I just watched the wrong movies but it kind of is for me, for example, Avengers was my number #1 2012 movie and it is my 5th favorite MCU film. Civil War is my favorite MCU film ever and it ranks 4th in 2016. and I thought 21 Jump Street was Hilarious, a fantastic comedy and I ranked it #2 in 2012. I saw 22 Jump Street, thought it was almost as good as 21 Jump Street and ranked it at 30 in 2014.. so yeah 2012 was a weak year for movies. don't get me wrong there were some fantastic films, but I wouldn't give any a 10/10.

11 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Alright, I watched the first two Lethal Weapons not even a year ago and remember liking the second, yet I can't remember much of it. Joe Pesci was in it, the opening scene was cool....... fuck, what else?

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY

• Like 3

On 5/13/2017 at 4:58 PM, Tele Came Back said:

Okay, finally got all that sorted out. Here we go...

Hide contents

The Dark Knight Rises
written by: Jonathan and Christopher Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan & David Goyer, based on characters created by Bob Kane (and Bill Finger)
directed by: Christopher Nolan
starring: Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Michael Caine, Anne Hathaway

2357936-Dark-Knight-Rises-Fan-Poster-Bat

Number of first-place votes: 3

IMDB synopsis: Eight years after the Joker's reign of anarchy, the Dark Knight, with the help of the enigmatic Selina, is forced from his imposed exile to save Gotham City, now on the edge of total annihilation, from the brutal guerrilla terrorist Bane. 

Like THE AVENGERS, I’m not sure what’s left to say about this. For many people, Nolan’s Bat-trilogy stand as the current gold-standard of comic-book movies (though there’s certainly a significant minority that find them too dark, and feel they don’t embrace the essence of comics as fully as some other CBMs). Nolan continued his experiment of shooting a significant amount of the movie on IMAX 15/70 film, as he felt that was the best possible way to view a movie theatrically. 

Inevitably compared with its predecessor, THE DARK KNIGHT (a movie which rapidly reached iconic status among most fans), THE DARK KNIGHT RISES fell a bit short of most people’s expectations, but generally speaking it received a warm reception critically. It, of course, was a monster hit domestically and worldwide, though it failed to reach the heights of some 3-D boosted mega-hits like AVENGERS or AVATAR.

Tomato meter: 87%, 8/10

Academy Awards: 0 wins, 0 nominations

Random critic comment: “The grave and satisfying finish to Mr. Nolan's operatic bat-trilogy.” —Manohla Dargis, New York Times

Random RTM comment: “The Dark Knight Rises is often times quite moving and thrilling, just managing to stick the landing, but it doesn’t appear to have done it with ease. … I wanted to see a conclusion that would end the trilogy on a satisfying note, similar to Return of the King or even Return of the Jedi and that held true.” —@MrPink

congratulation to batboy grows up, catching fire'll take the crown next year

19339834.gif