Plain Old Tele

BOT: THE REVISITING -- now up, 1987! MINI-EXTENSION, deadline is tonight, June 25!

Here is my list, I may watch one or two more if I have time, but in case I don't here it is. I had only seen 12 1987 releases before this, now I have seen 28, and 4 out of 5 of my top films are new watches. 

1. Predator
  2. The Princess Bride
  3. Evil Dead 2
  4. The Lost Boys
  5. Full Metal Jacket
  6. Maurice
  7. The Untouchables
  8. Raising Arizona 
  9. Empire of the Sun
  10. Near Dark
  11. RoboCop 
  12. Dirty Dancing
  13. Overboard
  14. Adventures in Babysitting 
  15. Can't Buy Me Love 
  16. The Brave Little Toaster
  17. Broadcast News
  18. Some Kind of Wonderful
  19. Fatal Attraction
  20. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
  21. The Chipmunk Adventure
  22. Throw Mama From the Train 
  23. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
  24. Baby Boom
  25. Three Men and a Baby
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, PRESIDENT BKB said:

Wow.. So Van Damme was initially their choice over Schwartzenegger???? The only Van Damme movie I enjoyed was BLOODSPORT..

12 hours ago, 75live said:

no JCVD was the original Predator alien, not the Dutch role

I thought the funniest thing was JCVD arguing with Joel Silver that the Predator should be a kickboxer. :lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Stingray said:

I thought the funniest thing was JCVD arguing with Joel Silver that the Predator should be a kickboxer. :lol:

well i'm sure that part of why they wanted to use him in the first place but yeah I can see why they went with more of a big guy for the last fight and role :P 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, Telemachos said:

@baumer @The Stingray @4815162342 @MrPink @Boner Omega @DAR @75live @PRESIDENT BKB and other old geezers:

This is a rad oral history of PREDATOR in honor of its 25th anniversary. A lot of crazy shit about the production that I didn't know about -- including the Rashomon-esque saga of Van Damme getting fired (everyone has a different story about how it happened).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/predator-oral-history-arnold-schwarzenegger-film-1014132

Finally got a chance to read this.  Some of it I knew, but overall still a very good article and I love all the stories.  Thanks for sharing :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Lists have been trickling in but we still don't have tons of them. Do people need an extension?

How many lists do you have? And we've had a month to get this in now. Maybe people just don't like watching movies before the year they were born LOL. I mean I'm not overly thrilled with a lot of movies before 1972.

To be fair, a lot of people here were probably like me and had only watched a few movies from 1987. It took me a bit of effort to get up to 25, and even then my list still has Jaws: The Revenge on it.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Lists have been trickling in but we still don't have tons of them. Do people need an extension?

Really not that many? I thought there were lots of people interested in this. still I feel like they had plenty of time, and I'm ready for the countdown :) 

23 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I just did mine. if thats ok.

Theres some films I watched at younger age in 1987 that I didn't count because i don't have enough memory of quality. Only have 28 films logged from 87 :/

1) Predator 

2) Lethal Weapon

3) RoboCop

4) Monster Squad

5) Princess Brides 

6) Untoucables

7) Wall Street

8) The Living Daylights

9) The Running Man

10) Nightmare 3: Dream Warriors 

11) Full Metal Jacket

12) North Shore

13) InnerSpace 

14) No Way Out

15) Berevely Hills Cop 2

16) Over The Top

17) Brave Little Toaster 

18) Fatal Attraction

19) Evil Dead 2

20) Hellrasier 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Enough! Can't wait for the 1947 countdown. 

lol! I'd be down for that. lets see how many 1947 films I've seen.. 0 Okay I guess I'd have to watch a few first. :P

• Like 2