Plain Old Tele

BOT: THE REVISITING -- now up, 1987! MINI-EXTENSION, deadline is tonight, June 25!

47 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Just watched Near Dark, slow, but really good, am I crazy to think it may have been part of the inspiration for Stephenie Meyer's Twilight? 

It doesn't really seem like her cup of tea (IMO).

44 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Also, I'm thinking Anne of Avonlea doesn't count becuase technically, it is a tv Mini Series? 

It needs to have a theatrical release. 

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Just watched Near Dark, slow, but really good, am I crazy to think it may have been part of the inspiration for Stephenie Meyer's Twilight? 

Pretty sure the inspiration for Twilight was Harry Potter and Anne Rice.

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Also, I'm thinking Anne of Avonlea doesn't count becuase technically, it is a tv Mini Series? 

Yeah, no theatrical distribution for that film, shame cause it would be my #1 if it could count. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

It was apparently given a tiny theatrical release, so I can imagine the actual numbers might be hard to fine, I'd imagine.

That film is entertaining. Can't say it'll be on my list, but Simmons is definitely with the best villain deaths of 80's action films.

Raw wasnt given a small theatrical release. I saw it in London Canada. Population  250,000 at the time. And its still the highest grossing stand up comedy of all time. 50 mill in 87 is more than 100 today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, baumer said:

Raw wasnt given a small theatrical release. I saw it in London Canada. Population  250,000 at the time. And its still the highest grossing stand up comedy of all time. 50 mill in 87 is more than 100 today.

I was referring to the post regarding The Brave Little's Toaster's box office gross. I know Raw was hugely successful for a comedy concert.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

The current length of my list is telling, because Superman 4 is still currently in the top 12 :) 

Yup mine too.. out of 12. :P

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

It doesn't really seem like her cup of tea (IMO).

It needs to have a theatrical release. 

"The film was also shown theatrically in Israel, Japan and Europe as Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel and has been released on DVD under that title."

Eligible? 

Will try to watch Extreme Prejudice & The Hidden before submitting. Eddie Murphy Raw would have made my top 5, maybe even top 3, but I don't consider that one a movie.

1. Predator
2. RoboCop
3. Lethal Weapon
4. Angel Heart
5. Near Dark
6. The Untouchables
7. The Running Man
8. No Way Out
9. A Better Tomorrow II
10. American Ninja 2: The Confrontation
11. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
12. The Living Daylights