Plain Old Tele

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I hope this new rule applies to the staff too

NVJoV5S.png

Everyone can still express their opinion as long as they don't endlessly do it. The statement/announcement is more a request for everyone to be self-aware enough to think about how often they're doing it, and making another (better) choice occasionally.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

NVJoV5S.png

People, ( and staff are considered people ) are allowed to have opinions.  It's the constant trolling and negativity from fanboys about their 'rival' studios.  You know... like those that go into the review forum and automatically give their non-favorite studios movies 'F's even though they haven't seen it. 

• Like 20

Just now, AndyLL said:

People, ( and staff are considered people ) are allowed to have opinions.  It's the constant trolling and negativity from fanboys about their 'rival' studios.  You know... like those that go into the review forum and automatically give their non-favorite studios movies 'F's even though they haven't seen it. 

Quick.....someone go get some cold water so Napoleon can apply it to that burn.

c03e3f8823f759d0babe31851ff8364e92a0f45e

• Like 11
  • Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

NVJoV5S.png

Why did you even bother blurring my name and avatar?

I posted that in the Franchise Wars thread I believe. And I stand by those opinions.

Simply having an opinion and posting it is not enough to violate the guideline Napoleon.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Why did you even bother blurring my name and avatar?

I posted that in the Franchise Wars thread I believe. And I stand by those opinions.

Simply having an opinion and posting it is not enough to violate the guideline Napoleon.

Damn it Water Bottle how dare you have an opinion. 

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Oh come on Tele, we all know this thread is being just so you can defend the auteur driven WB & Lionsgate, since you're such a fanboy of them. :P

Good thread though.

That's not the reason...

Spoiler

likes_zpsl6gsrwoj.png

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Image result for chemical burn fight club gif

Edited by franfar
  • Like 8

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I tried to chalk it up to just a lack of many interesting films right now but yeah, this forum in general has become really unpleasant recently. I maybe get one or two posts of engaging debate before it ends up devolving into emotionally charged arguments and I end up just saying fuck it and leave.

I don't want to abandon this forum because I know there are still intelligent, thoughtful voices here (and I want to hold on to my proposal for meeting some of you in person in a few months) but we're definitely drifting very close to the late IMDB boards we love to trash.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 9

Just now, Chewy said:

Let's all make an effort to talk about the superhero movies less, even in the threads for those superhero movies

also you're only allowed to rank the marvel movies ONCE. But a yearly update of your woody allen ranking is mandatory.

• Like 11

• Community Manager
14 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Ofc one of the people responsible for this is the one of the people doing a "call out"

I do not understand why people come to BOT and post with an agenda.

• Like 2

Imo though if you took away the comic book community this forum would be pretty barren and boring apart from mega-openers.

I rather have a large community that can put out the fires whenever they come... 

Films that make a lot of money lately are comic book movies and some of them have really divided comic book fans. 

Other films are generally family-oriented films like BATB and such which won't really cause much divisiveness between a mostly male nerdy crowd that comes onto this site. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

also you're only allowed to rank the marvel movies ONCE. But a yearly update of your woody allen ranking is mandatory.

woody allen rankings-

1) i find it hard to sit through a woody allen movie these days because of the real-world implications

• Like 10

Just now, Chewy said:

woody allen rankings-

1) i find it hard to sit through a woody allen movie these days because of the real-world implications

Yeah, I'm afraid that's me. And since there's large chunks of his filmography I haven't seen, I'm not very inclined to watch them.

• Like 1