Plain Old Tele

Sunshine, Light, and Joy -- Bring Fun to the Forums

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Not so much an agenda but many act like they have a personal stake in the success of their franchises.  It comes across on these boards that their real life is affected by these movies... good and bad.  So much so that they feel compelled to trash any rival.  They lose all sense of perspective and humor.

I loved GotG2 but I wouldn't waste a second of my life worrying about it it can make 1 Billion or not.  Hitting/missing that milestone will have zero effect on my life.

Everyone is going to have their franchises they like/dislike.  But life is too short to spend any time worrying about the success or failure of them.

Hide contents

Except for Star Wars of course.... it is required to bring balance to the forums. :ph34r:

In Star Wars we trust... :ph34r: 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

Well....you can thank me for this thread!

But wow is the world getting too sensitive.

Its not about being sensitive but about having fun. :)

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Well....you can thank me for this thread!

But wow is the world getting too sensitive.

I wouldn't say it's getting too sensitive, you can still say how you want of a movie. However, does it really need to be said 12 billion times? I mean really, after the 7th billionth time we get it, you hate it. It really just brings the mood down.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Guys please do not turn this into PC hell or you will really limit its potential. We need different viewpoints... 

Except that this isn't what we as a moderation staff were talking about?

• Like 6

Are we seriously going to pretend that certain movies and franchises don't already skew ridiculously positive among our members? I just find this laughable I'm sorry. Maybe you have an issue with certain members constantly trashing films/actors etc but they are usually in term of number of members a minority on almost every project. 

• Community Manager
14 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Guys please do not turn this into PC hell or you will really limit its potential. We need different viewpoints... 

We're not censoring opinions. We're just asking that instead of having one opinion you express multiple times, you diversify. :)

• Like 3

I learned to block out the noise by putting certain individuals on ignore or just scroll past posts of the usual suspects. Though lately, the juvenile pissing contests have gotten too excessive and invasive that it really requires extra effort to tune out. So both condolences and kudos to the mod team for dealing with those bullshit for us. 

For me, the fun of this forum came partly from discussing movies; and mostly from bantering, teasing and generally having fun with the familiar regulars. So with new rules/guidelines, hopefully, it'll keep our forum from descending into clusterfucks and discouraging good regular posters from contributing to the community. 

Edited by Sam
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

I don't come here as often not because of negativity but because all anyone wants to talk about are comic book movies. Right now the tracking thread is all about WW instead of Alien, Baywatch, or Pirates. The forum's been overrun by comic geeks. 

Because we run Hollywood now. :depp:

• Like 1