grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Baby Driver's sales have definitely increased by a really big margin. Last night it had sold about 10% of tickets for the 7PM and 7:15PM showings at the two theaters by my house and now I just checked them 45 minutes and 1 hour and they're SOLD OUT 

N

O

L

A

N

L

A

W

https://youtu.be/HocAFwG3EHA?t=5m15s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Alien Covenant: Certified Fresh

:sadben: 

And even Alien could've gotten far if it wasn't for the divide between critics and audiences (may have to do w/the marketing of the film). It was on track to open w/mid to high 40's, after all. Same for It Comes At Night in a small scale.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Justice League will destroy the Tomato Law in November.

I can see $1B for it to be honest but CW numbers is its maximum.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 11:55 PM, WrathOfHan said:

It Comes at Night and Megan Leavey are gone.

Transformers: The Last Knight: 11 (5 2D/6 3D; Biggest and Average)

Cars 3: 9 (Flat; 5 2D/4 3D; 2nd Biggest and Average)

Rough Night: 6 (Up 1; Average)

All Eyez on Me: 5 (Flat; Average and 3rd Smallest)

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie: 5 (Flat; 2nd Smallest)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 5 (Up 1; 3 2D/2 3D; 4th Smallest)

Wonder Woman: 5 (Down 2 and lost 3D; Average)

47 Meters Down: 4 (Down 1; Average and 3rd Smallest)

The Mummy: 4 (Down 5; 2 2D/2 3D; Smallest)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):

Hide contents

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

All Eyez on Me is gone.

Despicable Me 3: 15 (7 2D/8 3D; Biggest, Average, and 4th Smallest)

Baby Driver: 5 (Average)

The House: 5 (Average)

Transformers: The Last Knight: 9 (Down 2; 3 2D/6 3D; Average and Smallest)

Cars 3: 7 (Down 2; 5 2D/2 3D; 2nd Biggest and 3rd Smallest)

47 Meters Down: 6 (Up 1; Average)

Wonder Woman: 5 (Flat; Average)

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: 4 (Down 1 and lost 3D; 2nd Smallest)

Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie: 3 (Down 2; 3rd Smallest and Smallest)

The Mummy: 2 (Down 2 and lost 3D; 3rd Smallest)

Rough Night: 1 (Down 5; 2nd Smallest)

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):

Spoiler

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

All the PLFs in Orlando are doing DM3 during the day and Baby Driver at night. Also, Sony is pulling some good fuckery on Rough Night because it's losing next to no theaters. I can guarantee this has something to do with SMH.

Edited by WrathOfHan

the last time 4th of July fell on a Tuesday was in 2006 when Superman Returns and Devil Wears Prada opened.  Superman Returns opened in 4065 theaters which was one of the top 10 highest theater count openings of that time.  Despicable Me 3 just shocked me with that 4500 count.  Only one movie is opening next weekend.  Spider-man.  Back in 2006 during Superman's second weekend only one movie opened.  Pirates 2 with 4,133 locations and it still holds #4 on the all time July opening weekends.  Warner Brothers has the top 3 slots, but Pirates holds the record for the post July 4th weekend.  Wonder Woman almost opened 10M higher than the post Memorial Day weekend record of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

....the fact that one movie opens next week maybe helps why DM3 is getitng so many theaters.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

when does the Big Sick go wide? 

Will the beguiled expand more after this upcoming weekend?

how many will the big sick add this weekend?

The Big Sick is expanding into more big cities this weekend (probably around 50-60), goes into more markets next weekend, and will be wide on the 14th

The Beguiled will probably be in 800-1k+ next weekend. I don't see how the PTA collapses, and Focus could work out a one week deal with theaters.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Oh god, something I just realized about this week's showtimes at my theater: they're shuffling Baby Driver and The House around a lot to accommodate more Transformers showings. Baby Driver moves into their smallest auditorium at night :depp: Additionally, The House goes into the biggest auditorium late at night after DM3 and Transformers has a 3D showing in the second biggest late after Cars.

Edited by WrathOfHan

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh god, something I just realized about this week's showtimes at my theater: they're shuffling Baby Driver and The House around a lot to accommodate more Transformers showings. Baby Driver moves into their smallest auditorium at night :depp: Additionally, The House goes into the biggest auditorium late at night after DM3 and Transformers has a 3D showing in the second biggest late after Cars.

They are so stupid. They need to be fired for this.

• Like 1