grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Fandango Meter

1. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales
  2. Wonder Woman
  3. Baywatch
  4. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  5. Alien Covenant
WW avg about 15 tickets per minute I saw one stray SM: HC ticket - someone may have jumped the gun or was just testing since none for sale in NYC
  • Like 1

I still think the people predicting 140m+ OW and 400m+ total for WW are asking to be disappointed. It's happened so often on this site before and I feel people are getting ahead of themselves because of the reviews. Don't be disappointed if this makes Man of Steel numbers.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, stripe said:

There are a lot of recent examples that proof this is not true.

I think they INTEND tracking to be conservative, but sometimes they fail (spectacularly, on occassion).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miketheavenger said:

I still think the people predicting 140m+ OW and 400m+ total for WW are asking to be disappointed. It's happened so often on this site before and I feel people are getting ahead of themselves because of the reviews. Don't be disappointed if this makes Man of Steel numbers.

Man of steel numbers are basically 300 domestic and 400 foreign which is a pretty damn good out come for Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James said:

The fact that this is no. 1  and 5 on Pulse for hours now on a Discount Tuesday is a great sign. MOS numbers are the floor at this point imo.

Late last night it was selling 15 tickets per minute, about 1/2 what Pirates was last Monday evening.

It's very early for ticket sales in the US - so they're selling rather slow this morning - with WW doing about an avg of just 9 per minute.   We'll know more later in the day.

Movietickets

Pirates: 38%

GOTG2:15%

Baywatch: 8%

Wimpy: 7%

Alien: 5%

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Late last night it was selling 15 tickets per minute, about 1/2 what Pirates was last Monday evening.

It's very early for ticket sales in the US - so they're selling rather slow this morning - with WW doing about an avg of just 9 per minute.   We'll know more later in the day.

Movietickets

Pirates: 38%

GOTG2:15%

Baywatch: 8%

Wimpy: 7%

Alien: 5%

To me calculating the ticket flashes literally is pointless. How do you know if its 1 ticket or 10 tickets per purchase. I am sure we will get an update from fandango shortly. Other aspsects of PS is there are newer players like atom who are running a $4 promotion deal for T-Mobile customers. That skews the sales tremendously. That is why I preferred the MTC report we got from you know who. There a week ahead it was doubling PIrates. That is the only key metric.

All this is pointless as its 100% LOCKED to break out. 1st major female SH movie with out of the world reviews. Book it that its going to have kind of late surges seen only for uber breakouts.

I think its beating Guardians 2 OW at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Y'all need to calm down with these 150M OWs. Opening over SS should be the fanboy goal.

135 would be swell...around 2.8x multi would get it to challenge GOTG2.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, a2knet said:

135 would be swell...around 2.8x multi would get it to challenge GOTG2.

There's a minimal chance this can get a 2.8x. Even if it holds strongly in the third weekend and beyond, late legs will be nonexistent. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There's a minimal chance this can get a 2.8x. Even if it holds strongly in the third weekend and beyond, late legs will be nonexistent. 

How can possibly know how the late legs will be?

• Like 8

On 5/24/2017 at 6:41 PM, Hiccup23 said:

Wonder Woman - 2 showings

2 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 185 sold, 24 sold

That is some solid progress. Talked to the theater and they are gonna add more showings. They are tracking for the 7:00pm Ultra Screen to sell out easily. 

Wonder Woman - 2 showings

2 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 225 sold, 78 sold

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Today on T-Mobile - 4$ tickets for Wonder Woman this weekend via Atom Tickets. Perfect timing for the promo to arrive

FLOP confirmed; only bombs do Atom deals!

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

How can possibly know how the late legs will be?

Why would this get near a 3x? Deadpool couldn't hit a 2.8x in an empty market.