aabattery

The Killing of a Sacred Deer | November 3, 2017 | A24, Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, some others, directed by the mad Greek who did The Lobster

I wasn't as big on The Lobster as some were but Lanthimos is a truly singular filmmaker so I'm interested in anything he does. Plus Dogtooth is fucking great. 

Also really love Kidman's activity recently. She's got three or four movies all premiering in Cannes. Bless that woman. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I wasn't as big on The Lobster as some were but Lanthimos is a truly singular filmmaker so I'm interested in anything he does. Plus Dogtooth is fucking great. 

Also really love Kidman's activity recently. She's got three or four movies all premiering in Cannes. Bless that woman. 

She's going through a Nicolaissance. She's got a great streak of projects going on right now. 

• Like 2

Some reactions from Cannes:

• Like 1

Really looking forward to it. I really liked Lobster but this actually feels more intriguing to me. Lanthimos seems to be the kind of filmmaker that will never get massive success but I don't think that he actually even tries to. His priority is to make interesting projects and he certainly delivers.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Really looking forward to it. I really liked Lobster but this actually feels more intriguing to me. Lanthimos seems to be the kind of filmmaker that will never get massive success but I don't think that he actually even tries to. His priority is to make interesting projects and he certainly delivers.

He's one of my favorite directors. I liked this more than the Losbter which I also loved. This one is a more coherent and consistent film with a better ensemble performance from every one in the cast. It's also a very tense and dark film, more than the Lobster.

• Like 1