kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

One comp is Mad Max: Fury Road which bowed on May 15 two years ago and had a Thursday preview of $3.7M and ended up with a Friday tally of $16.6M. That one from another strong director George Miller ended the weekend with $45.4M.

• Like 1

I had been thinking $45M, but after seeing that AVP adjusts to $55M...plus after seeing Fox's brilliant marketing job, I've been hoping for this to go higher. Looks like this will be a fun one to track. Those $35M predicts can die.

15 minutes ago, ban1o said:

how much did Everything Everything make? 

$525K 

That's a bit more than three times The Space Between Us which opened to $3.775m with 170k in previews.  If it projects the same it could do $11- 11.5m

Deadline is using the Me Before You comparison which had $1.37m for an $18m.7 w/e - which would translate to a $7m opener but that was a June/school's out opener.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I don't think that's enough for a $50m opening. 
Prometheus did almost the same from midnights only 5 years ago. 

This is not a backloaded franchise at all. 

Yeah, I'm still seeing it decrease below Prometheus, but I'm not seeing it go under 40m either.

• Like 1

So I lowered my prediction from 49 to 45M. Starting to regret it just a little bit, but I'm still somewhat confident.

A few % in the game would be worth seeing this go over 50M.